Exams

Tomm95

Hi Izzy

I hope your exams went well!

I find it better to be slightly high than low during exams as temporarily it's not much of a problem.

As long as the school are aware of your diabetes and you apply for extenuating circumstances If you hypo or hyper in an exam there is nothing to worry about.

If you feel like it affected your performance don't be afraid to speak up because it really can affect your exam results!

I was diagnosed as Type 1 half way through my AS exams a couple of years ago. My teachers thought I was over stressed but it turned out to be DKA. After missing too much of the course, i decided to resit my Chemistry A level and went from an E grade to an A and just finished my first year of an MChem degree. I'm not sure about A level but at uni we are allowed 5 minutes per hour to leave the exam hall, test and adjust.

If you get exam anxiety exercise is a great stress relief, particularly running or walking to any podcast.
Stress in exams is natural but just work hard and be confident when the paper comes around.

Good luck with your results!

Reactions: izzy_b

izzy_b

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Izzy

I hope your exams went well!

I find it better to be slightly high than low during exams as temporarily it's not much of a problem.

As long as the school are aware of your diabetes and you apply for extenuating circumstances If you hypo or hyper in an exam there is nothing to worry about.

If you feel like it affected your performance don't be afraid to speak up because it really can affect your exam results!

I was diagnosed as Type 1 half way through my AS exams a couple of years ago. My teachers thought I was over stressed but it turned out to be DKA. After missing too much of the course, i decided to resit my Chemistry A level and went from an E grade to an A and just finished my first year of an MChem degree. I'm not sure about A level but at uni we are allowed 5 minutes per hour to leave the exam hall, test and adjust.

If you get exam anxiety exercise is a great stress relief, particularly running or walking to any podcast.
Stress in exams is natural but just work hard and be confident when the paper comes around.

Good luck with your results!

Thanks so much, don't know which one I'm more nervous for, the exams or the results!

Tomm95

Thanks so much, don't know which one I'm more nervous for, the exams or the results!

No worries we've all been there
aeb58b456bfe55613d76059a4a973b3e.jpg