Exercise encouragement thread

Defren

Stephen you're incorrigible, but you do make me smile.

TP, it's a fair old while since I have seen mine, but I can now. I also noticed that my thighs are much slimmer and really quite taught and toned. That surprised me, as I was sure with the weight loss I would get loose skin, not so. I can't say the same about my tummy, as it seems that is where the fat is shifting slowest. Once I loose about another 1-2 stone, I will be at around the middle of my ideal weight, to get to the lower end around 2.5 stone, but I am not sure I want to go that low. I want to look and be healthy, not gaunt, so shall have to see what kind of weight level is right for me. I am average boned, slightly on the smaller side of average, so I am going to play the weight game by ear and see how I look and feel as I drop. I'm sure between my GP and myself I will find a good place to be.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
borofergie said:
don't go to Zumba, but if I did, wobbly bits would be the biggest reason why :twisted:

Too much information :(

didie

Dislikes
People who think they are always right and ram their opinions down your throat. No-one knows everything. Those who shout loudest are usually the ones who actually know the least.
Zumba is fun, but I do it in the privacy of my own home using the Wii console. I'd be too embarrassed to go to a class because my co-ordination on my left side is rubbish. On the days I work I do 40 minutes of it after breakfast instead of going out for a walk.

I was away on holiday last week and took the Wii console with me to keep up my exercise - yes compulsive exerciser here :D

Defren

Ok, I did it!! I beat my time record today. One hour and ten minutes gentle walking. Considering two months ago I couldn't walk to the corner store, (20 seconds away). I have been out alone twice, both times into the next village where I had just a short wander around, and one day clinic visit and a short wander around. I have not been outside alone for well over two years. Today, I did walk to the village store, the girls behind the counter said she thought I had moved house :lol: She couldn't believe I walked into her store all on my own.

This is for me, nothing short of a miracle, and as I sat and let it all sink in the enormity of it all hit me and I ended up in floods of tears, happy tears though. Diabetes, as horrible as it is has changed my life. Once I cut out the poison carbs, it began to change, now I can't quite believe just how far I have got in such a very short time.

borofergie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Racism, Sexism, Homophobia
Yay!

The old T2 Diabetes is one of the best things that ever happened to me (in terms of forcing me to get my life sorted out). Sounds like its doing the same for you.

Turning negatives into positives is the best type of success by far.

Defren

borofergie said:
Yay!

The old T2 Diabetes is one of the best things that ever happened to me (in terms of forcing me to get my life sorted out). Sounds like its doing the same for you.

Turning negatives into positives is the best type of success by far.

Seriously I have tears dripping off my nose, what a suck I am. I just can't get my head around all of the changes. How I feel, the weight loss, the being able to go out again. But more importantly for me than any of that, the drop in my BG. Yes, I have done it like a bull in a china shop, bang, bang, bang, from diagnosis only a very short while ago. I am a new person, with a life. How much more encouragement does anyone need. It's this that keeps me going. (even when Steve posts pictures of Mrs xyzzy's delicious cooking, I need to try so badly) :lol:

Defren

tree-peony said:
well done that woman! :clap:

You are going to be my fourth musketeer! You have supported every single thing I've done or tried. What amazing strength I have standing beside me through this journey - Joanna xx

tree-peony

well I don't want to pop my lovely new lens out of it's new socket, now do I ;)

am allowed gentle strolling apparently :lolno:

Defren

Get strolling then... So bedroom acrobatics out the window then? I bet your wardrobe and chandelier are very grateful :lol: :lol: