Exercise & Hypo's

pinkjinks58

Dislikes
Hair, Dogs, Spiders, Rain & Ignorant people!
I've been going to the gym after work (5-7pm) recently and have a banana and dextro before I start exercising which seems to be fine and my glucose levels are normal 90% of the time when I get home....

The problem is later on in the evening, I try to eat pasta or something quite filling/slow releasing for my dinner and I have a snack around 9pm but my sugar levels are continuously dropping and I'm having to get up during the night to eat a bowl of cereal as my sugar levels are around 2.4 - 4.0 and that keepa me going until the morning. I've tried decreasing my long acting and short acting but nothing seems to be working and it's really starting to bug me now... plus Im really tired :cry: !!

Has anyone else been in the same boat or can anyone suggest any tips?

theblokefromstoke

Dislikes
Pizza (makes my BG go through the roof), Pasta & potatoes.
Hi Pinkjinks,

I'm T2 but find I need to eat immediatly before and after excercise. Last night after my run I was 2.8 after setting off with a BG at 6.0. I had a slice of wholemeal bread and some fish and this lifted me to 5.6.

Tonight I'm taking a small bottle of fresh apple juice on my run to 'sip as I go'. Hopefully this will keep me on the straight and narrow.

I have my meal probably an hour later and all is well.

Carl

pinkjinks58

Dislikes
Hair, Dogs, Spiders, Rain & Ignorant people!
Thanks Carl, I might try taking apple juice into the gym with me and "sip as i go". :)