Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
If you are fairly fit to begin with the p60 stuff should be ok. It ,Ishtar be a bit full on if you have not previously exercised. If you are not on medication then no need to eat first.

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
P90X is an advanced, effective brutal exercise program. This is something that I feel should be graduated to. I would start with T25 (this is also from beach body), this is also fairly tough, but is shorter and the modified version of each exercise set is front and centre. If you follow either program diligently the results will be staggering; although I would advise that the eating protocol is replaced with LCHF.

NewlyPreDiabetic

P90X is an advanced, effective brutal exercise program. This is something that I feel should be graduated to. I would start with T25 (this is also from beach body), this is also fairly tough, but is shorter and the modified version of each exercise set is front and centre. If you follow either program diligently the results will be staggering; although I would advise that the eating protocol is replaced with LCHF.
Thanks soo much for the reply! Why is it I should start with something easier? Is that related to me having pre diabetes.

If not, I took the fit test for p90x and I am fit enough.

walnut_face

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You are probably Insulin Resistant, moderate exercise is good to improve insulin sensitivity, you don't have to go at it like you are after selection for the Olympic Team, from the diabetes point of view, but if you are taking this diagnosis as a motivator beyond, why not

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Just Googled P90x - cowabunga!!! Impressive stuff!
:)

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
P90x is savage. I've tried it once and thought I was going to die...

You can make it as mental or as tame as you like, you don't need to match their repetitions, you can carry out a reduced number instead.

Intensive exercise is good for all types of diabetes. Whether you want to partake in high intensity exercise, or moderate lengthy workouts is up to you.

Personally, I'd take a long leisurely cycle over a short, high intensity work out any day.

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
Thanks soo much for the reply! Why is it I should start with something easier? Is that related to me having pre diabetes.

If not, I took the fit test for p90x and I am fit enough.
Hi @NewlyPreDiabetic T25 is basically Insantity without any breaks; as Insanity is on a par with P90x, it is like getting the best of both worlds in less time, just 25 minutes
. I burn over 350 calories doing T25, it is not easy as it is advanced and the results (along side correct eating) are astonishing. The beach body workouts are great I have P90x, T25, Insanity, Insanity MAX and Piyo and loads of Tabata workouts, T25 I think is the best all-rounder. You sound highly motivated so I am sure you will have success whichever way you go.