Eyes

Hi all.

Last week i was sat watching TV and my right eye felt a bit odd and It still feels weird now, Nothing really noticable when i look in the mirror? It just dont feel right and now after reading about retinopathy im getting myself worked up. I missed my last screening and have to rebook an appointment on monday but im wondering whether to go straight to the eye hospital tomorrow?

The odd thing is it doesn't hurt or look strange? But then if i cant see anything could it be worse?? Any advice would be great.

Jason T 2

anniep

How lomg will the screening appointemnet take? if it is anything like mine it will be about 3 weeks. If you have any worries about your eyes best get it checked out, it's not worth risking anything IMO, it may be nothing or it may be something urelated to diabetes which the screening wouldn't necessarily pick up.

Frankie W

Dislikes
Being out of work.
Hi maxwellwaltzer
If in doubt, never put off having anything checked. It is always better to be safe than sorry. If there is a problem the sooner you get treated for it the less liekly it is that it will become a big problem in the future. Just because you can't see it, it doesn't mean there may not be something wrong.
Make sure you ask lots of questions. It may help to write them dowwn to take with you, when you are seen.
Regards
Frankie W
:D

Hey all

I ended up going to the eye hospital A&E, They gave me a screening and he said he cant find no damage to my eyes.

He's advised me to have a eye test.

angieG

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Are your readings high? My right eye feels strange when my sugar goes high but returns to normal when the levels comes down again. (It feels a bit different when I get too low too!!)
Hope it is nothing serious.
Regards
Angie

Well they might have been Angie because it started after xmas when i was having a few chocolate treats.
Seems a bit better today and im taking 8 prednisolone a day so i will keep my eye (no pun intended) on the situation :D

angieG

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes, keep an eye on it....if it's anything like mine it will work nearly as accurately as your meter if you study it :lol:
It's all a learning curve, but we are all in it together here so we are never alone in our fears!!
Regards
Angie

angieG

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I bought myself one and started testing, my nurse was well impressed and prescibed the strips straight away for it when I showed her the diary of food and readings. Been back today for check up and she's so pleased as levels now mostly in the acceptable range she doesn't want to see me for 3 months now :) She thinks I've done well considering I was diagnosed late November with a reading of 25!!
Would never have done this without the help of a meter and regular testing.
Good luck
Angie

angieG

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I haven't seen a dietician yet, this is just the practice nurse at our local doctors surgery who is great. Most of the food advice I have gained has come from the brilliant discussions on this forum. So thank you all for your help, it's a nice place to be here :D
Regards
Angie