Fantastic News

Grannie75

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
In the start of January my bloods showed I was high end Pre Diabetes with a reading of 45, so I immediately took my GPs advice and started on the LCHF diet. I have managed to stay in Keto ranges for the last few weeks with very low carb around 10-15% only. I had another blood test a few days ago and have just had a call from my GP ( she was so pleased she wanted to call me as she knows how hard I have been trying) and my bloods are now 38, so outside of Pre Diabetes.
I have lost just on 1 stone in 3 months, feel the best I have done for many years with more energy, and even though I know I am not cured, at least it shows that with the correct diet that things really can be turned round.
Well pleased with myself, so might treat myself to another cup of coffee with cream to celebrate....

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Well done. and you have an unusually enlightened GP. :)

Grannie75

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done. and you have an unusually enlightened GP. :)
Yes, she is a lovely lady, mid 50s + but very up to date with ideas. She is a firm believer in LCHF for Diabetes and she gave me all the web links so I could change my life to this way of eating after years of low fat diets which did me no good at all.

kittypoker

Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Yes, she is a lovely lady, mid 50s + but very up to date with ideas. She is a firm believer in LCHF for Diabetes and she gave me all the web links so I could change my life to this way of eating after years of low fat diets which did me no good at all.

That's very hopeful. Perhaps things are changing if a lovely late middle-aged doc is so very clue'd up. If she is telling her colleagues about her successes, it could really help convert others to LCHF and have a domino effect. So very pleased for you. :)

Reactions: callyandy

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Great news and very well done.. can we all share your GP please.. she sounds like a keeper..

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
In the start of January my bloods showed I was high end Pre Diabetes with a reading of 45, so I immediately took my GPs advice and started on the LCHF diet. I have managed to stay in Keto ranges for the last few weeks with very low carb around 10-15% only. I had another blood test a few days ago and have just had a call from my GP ( she was so pleased she wanted to call me as she knows how hard I have been trying) and my bloods are now 38, so outside of Pre Diabetes.
I have lost just on 1 stone in 3 months, feel the best I have done for many years with more energy, and even though I know I am not cured, at least it shows that with the correct diet that things really can be turned round.
Well pleased with myself, so might treat myself to another cup of coffee with cream to celebrate....
Well done you!! You took control and have seen the benefits. We'll make you our poster girl!!:joyful:

Reactions: Ultramum