Fasting For Type 2's

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks I know it was there somewhere.. next time i'll buy the physical book!
@"bulbiker Can I ask what exactly do you eat/don't eat when fasting, I'd like to try fasting see if it helps, I'm not over weight 58kilos & bmi is 22. But id like to try intermittent fasting. How long do you fast for each time, hope you don't mind me asking any advice is appreciated, thanks

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sure no problem
I tend to have tea with lactofree milk, coffee with double cream and sometimes coconut oil as well as water and I supplement with extra salt and magnesium in those drinks. I do that for up to 7 days at a stretch although my best results blood sugar wise come after 3 days. I'm not sure I will do the longer ones too often..
Intermittent fasting I do every day as I gave up breakfast when I was diagnosed.. just have the tea with lactofree milk again the coffee with double cream after walking the dog late morning then may have lunch something like bacon and eggs then dinner in the evening. Sometimes I skip lunch and just have something small like a bag of pork scratchings in the afternoon. Because I eat ultra low carb I tend not to get very hungry so can comfortably miss meals without really noticing. If I get peckish I usually have a glug of double cream or maybe a slice of butter to keep me going.

Reactions: maureen5752

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sure no problem
I tend to have tea with lactofree milk, coffee with double cream and sometimes coconut oil as well as water and I supplement with extra salt and magnesium in those drinks. I do that for up to 7 days at a stretch although my best results blood sugar wise come after 3 days. I'm not sure I will do the longer ones too often..
Intermittent fasting I do every day as I gave up breakfast when I was diagnosed.. just have the tea with lactofree milk again the coffee with double cream after walking the dog late morning then may have lunch something like bacon and eggs then dinner in the evening. Sometimes I skip lunch and just have something small like a bag of pork scratchings in the afternoon. Because I eat ultra low carb I tend not to get very hungry so can comfortably miss meals without really noticing. If I get peckish I usually have a glug of double cream or maybe a slice of butter to keep me going.
@bulkbiker. Hi thanks for reply very interesting, i find some mornings I'm not hungry so I don't eat but have a coffee with little cream but couple hours later bgs in high 7's. Is this normal, or is it just the first few days, I'm not very active exercise wise cos of my legs so don't want to gain weight, thanks hope your well

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@bulkbiker. Hi thanks for reply very interesting, i find some mornings I'm not hungry so I don't eat but have a coffee with little cream but couple hours later bgs in high 7's. Is this normal, or is it just the first few days, I'm not very active exercise wise cos of my legs so don't want to gain weight, thanks hope your well
What are your levels before the coffee and cream?..that sounds a bit high and a bit surprising..

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
What are your levels before the coffee and cream?..that sounds a bit high and a bit surprising..
@bulkbiker morning. Mg bgs were in the 6's before coffee/cream. I'm on bog standard metformin/gliclazide. Did try SR version, had better sleep & tummy but bgs were higher in morning so went back to bog standard & put up with less sleep Everyone is effected differently just finding what's suites each person, trial & error,

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@bulkbiker morning. Mg bgs were in the 6's before coffee/cream. I'm on bog standard metformin/gliclazide. Did try SR version, had better sleep & tummy but bgs were higher in morning so went back to bog standard & put up with less sleep Everyone is effected differently just finding what's suites each person, trial & error,
Just be a bit wary on your medication that you don't go too low. I don't take anything so personally don't worry about going too low but you might need to keep it in the back of your mind. How long have you been low-carbing and how low?