Fed up days

grante

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Before I go on. I do consider myself fortunate to have my type 2 under control and I know a lot out there including T1 have it tough but some days like today I get really fed up with it all and just wish that I can eat what I want without having to analyis the carbs etc.

I am off now to give myself a talking too..

hca

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hello @grante , I think we all have days like these, so don't give yourself too hard a time, you have done so well up to now.
Jo x

Reactions: grante

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It gets much easier.. I found the fewer carbs I ate.. nowadays really only from green veg/cauli I don't really have to worry too much about counting so just get on with looking forward to all the yummy things I know are fine for me to eat.
You need to look at not what you can't eat but all the good things you want to eat like eggs and bacon, steaks, chops, cream, butter, cheese etc.. that way it is a more indulgent way of eating rather than restrictive.

Glenmac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Before I go on. I do consider myself fortunate to have my type 2 under control and I know a lot out there including T1 have it tough but some days like today I get really fed up with it all and just wish that I can eat what I want without having to analyis the carbs etc.

Don't be too hard on yourself,we all have days like that.When I have a down day I try to focus on the good parts of my life and the great people round me.I developed D2 after I had just retired from a stressful job and still found it challenging.You younger folk all deserve medals in my opinion.To be honest my misery times are when I am back from a clinic and the health professionals are less than encouraging about my attempts to take control of my diabetes.Im sure at times they think I'm just a batty old woman.On a good day I'm determined I'll show 'em I can do it!Keep on with analysing those carbs you are doing fine!

Speedbird

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin

Me too Grante. A bit of a downer today. It happens. Must be the grey clouds.

So, I've been out walking and now going to cook some lovely bacon and eggs! And for afters ..... coffee with jersey double cream :))
X

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
It is so hard not to give in on days like this but think of the good days when you have been chuffed with your numbers thinking 'By, this works!'. Don't beat yourself up, we have all had a lifetimes worth of being told that it's perfectly ok to eat that cake/pastry/fish supper with four rounds of white bread and butter with lashings of ketch..... Ahem... where was I? Oh yes, you are human, you're allowed your down days.

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
99% of the time, I'm fine about all the dietary changes I've made, the meds I'm on, the way things are going and knowing that for so much of the time I'm way healthier than I've ever been in my adult life despite the T2 stuff.

But, for that 1% when a plate of chips, a massive pile of roast potatoes, a large supply of milk chocolate, a banana sandwich or a deep crust pizza are calling me, or a day without any walking, either forced on me (like today is so far) or unintentionally, hopefully the bad days can be ridden out and equilibrium restored! I've just given myself a stern talking to about this and cleaned the oven to distract me from these thoughts. I never like cooking for a week after cleaning the oven...

grante

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Me too Grante. A bit of a downer today. It happens. Must be the grey clouds.

So, I've been out walking and now going to cook some lovely bacon and eggs! And for afters ..... coffee with jersey double cream :))
X
Sounds nice... Could just eat that myself

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hugs, @grante .

And I so so recognise the whole 'I know others have it tough' thing - yes, absolutely there are people out there who........ etc etc BUT we are all human and by golly goodness me we do all jolly much have the right to be cross and peeved with our own lot sometimes, regardless of who else has got whatever else!

We'd all explode if we weren't human enough to have an off day with our own stuff!

More hugs. Not every day will be like today. Tomorrow's a brand spanking shiny new one in the offing. Might be a good 'un!

Love Snapsy
:happy::happy::happy:

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Perhaps I am just the eternal optimist - but I look upon the foods which a type 2 diabetic can eat as the good stuff. I can eat all the things which were not on the restrictive diets I was prescribed in the past - some only in small portions, but not prohibited.
Being able to sit down with a cup of real coffee, with a splodge of cream and some high cocoa chocolate does seem to put the problem into perspective.
I am just brewing up some real ginger beer for myself - it is in the final stage of using up all the sugar to make it fizzy, and then I will drink it with artificial sweeteners, to see which one goes with it best.

grante

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hugs, @grante .

And I so so recognise the whole 'I know others have it tough' thing - yes, absolutely there are people out there who........ etc etc BUT we are all human and by golly goodness me we do all jolly much have the right to be cross and peeved with our own lot sometimes, regardless of who else has got whatever else!

We'd all explode if we weren't human enough to have an off day with our own stuff!

More hugs. Not every day will be like today. Tomorrow's a brand spanking shiny new one in the offing. Might be a good 'un!

Love Snapsy
:happy::happy::happy:
Thanks @Snapsy

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes!! I certainly have melt down days !! For the most part I'm good with everything most days. I don't eat carbs so I don't carb count but I portion control.
When we're out and about is when it's hard for me. Looking at all these lovely dishes coming out of the kitchen and the aromas! Pizza I miss terribly and callus easily just eat the toppings off a piece or two but it's not worth ordering. I don't miss the chips, fries etc but would love some sweet potato but it sends me sky high.
Last night we ended up going to a friends house and stayed out much longer than planned but was having a great time. Since it was unplanned I didn't have my bedtime insulin with me so guess what? Had to leave. I took it later than normal but I was feeling like a needed it. So yes, frustrated. They also had loads of appetizers sitting in front of my face all night long that I couldn't eat!! Frustrating. The only saving grace was they were quite large and talking about all their health issues. Made me realize I didn't eat that food before type 1 so why do I want it now? Because I CANT. haha.

My melt downs are much farther and fewer but I will always have them. Then I will just move on.

sheepie123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
If you want sweet stuff try atkins or the freeist stuff in tesco. Low carb for 1 as a snack :)

Also look into Sugar Alchohol they are good to mix in with your dark chocolate or tea and coffee.

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
If you want sweet stuff try atkins or the freeist stuff in tesco. Low carb for 1 as a snack :)

Also look into Sugar Alchohol they are good to mix in with your dark chocolate or tea and coffee.
Ewww.
Sugar alcohols are horrible for you. So is Atkins frankenfoods. Eat real foods. If a sweet tooth have some berries and cream. Or eat low carb and lose the sweet tooth

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Look up fathead pizza, it is reported that some families prefer it to the 'real' sort and so the poor diabetic person is lucky to get a second piece.

keitjones

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Sorry to hear that. I hope things are better today.