feedback on T1D equipment case design

criscing

Hi everyone,

I'm a product design student and I'm currently designing a modular case concept for T1D equipment and would be great to receive some feedback from end users.

Each components can be detached and rearranged to get several configurations to suit different needs thanks to hook and loop fastening. The case is designed to fit all sizes in the UK market meaning that you get to keep the case when you change equipment over the years.
This design is focused on modularity as my research highlighted that every person carries his own set of things and I wanted to reflect and allow this with a more flexible case. I also focused on usability by ensuring easy and quick access to each component.

SKM_C364e17040713100-1.jpg

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated and feel free to ask questions if the sketches aren't clear.

Thank you!

Last edited:

Grumpy ole thing

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
discovering you cant actually turn the stairs round, or move the roof...
Hi everyone,

I'm a product design student and I'm currently designing a modular case concept for T1D equipment and would be great to receive some feedback from end users.

Each components can be detached and rearranged to get several configurations to suit different needs thanks to hook and loop fastening. The case is designed to fit all sizes in the UK market meaning that you get to keep the case when you change equipment over the years.
This design is focused on modularity as my research highlighted that every person carries his own set of things and I wanted to reflect and allow this with a more flexible case. I also focused on usability by ensuring easy and quick access to each component.

View attachment 22484

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated and feel free to ask questions if the sketches aren't clear.

Thank you!

Hi
For the glucose monitor box, I would like to see somewhere for used lancets. So maybe an empty compartment with a lid on? my current pouch has a pocket on the outside but it doesn't close so everything falls out of it. thank you x

Reactions: Ultramum

gavin86

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Nice idea. I like the look of it. Agreed, a used sharps holder would be nice when there's no disposal option.

Personally, I dream of something that is a bit more compact. 2xpens, monitor, lancing device, storage for needles (used), and lancets/new needles/strips.
I can almost fit that in my pocket if I had the right shaped case - soft is fine, just needs thermal insulation

Reactions: Ultramum