1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2017 »
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

feedback on T1D equipment case design

Discussion in 'Diabetes Research' started by criscing, Apr 7, 2017.

1. criscing

criscing · Newbie

Hi everyone,

I'm a product design student and I'm currently designing a modular case concept for T1D equipment and would be great to receive some feedback from end users.

Each components can be detached and rearranged to get several configurations to suit different needs thanks to hook and loop fastening. The case is designed to fit all sizes in the UK market meaning that you get to keep the case when you change equipment over the years.
    This design is focused on modularity as my research highlighted that every person carries his own set of things and I wanted to reflect and allow this with a more flexible case. I also focused on usability by ensuring easy and quick access to each component.

SKM_C364e17040713100-1.jpg

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated and feel free to ask questions if the sketches aren't clear.

Thank you!

#1 criscing, Apr 7, 2017 at 4:05 PM
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
  2. Grumpy ole thing

Grumpy ole thing Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hi
    For the glucose monitor box, I would like to see somewhere for used lancets. So maybe an empty compartment with a lid on? my current pouch has a pocket on the outside but it doesn't close so everything falls out of it. thank you x

• Like Like x 1
  3. gavin86

gavin86 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Nice idea. I like the look of it. Agreed, a used sharps holder would be nice when there's no disposal option.

Personally, I dream of something that is a bit more compact. 2xpens, monitor, lancing device, storage for needles (used), and lancets/new needles/strips.
    I can almost fit that in my pocket if I had the right shaped case - soft is fine, just needs thermal insulation

• Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook