Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
It would / should also hit your middle finger. Is it all day or parts of it? When you use your hands or afterwards?

paintylady

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I notice in your post that you say you are scheduled for a Desmond day and refer to it as training, I don't know what they are like in your area but I found them unsupportive of self testing and low carb. In all honesty I believe you will get more information asking questions here. I'm lucky in that my gp and dn are up for me low carbing but neither of them are encouraging me self testing my blood, but still ask me what my results are!
I hope your Desmond day is helpful and supportive, mine was just 7 hours I'll never get back!!
As for high fats I tend to say healthy fats

Reactions: Wuz

Wuz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I notice in your post that you say you are scheduled for a Desmond day and refer to it as training, I don't know what they are like in your area but I found them unsupportive of self testing and low carb. In all honesty I believe you will get more information asking questions here. I'm lucky in that my gp and dn are up for me low carbing but neither of them are encouraging me self testing my blood, but still ask me what my results are!
I hope your Desmond day is helpful and supportive, mine was just 7 hours I'll never get back!!
As for high fats I tend to say healthy fats

The nurse said it was training I have no idea really other than I should be able to get help with diet.. my nurse said to watch the amount of carbs and change everything to wholemeal which I did but no support for self testing at all.. I've found out more on here than I have from any health professional yet..

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Parts of it and either or... it's just really random

You should feel some relief if you stretch your shoulders (gently) along with your neckline balanced away from the affected hand, arms extended.

Had the identical thing but I'm not a doctor by any stretch. That led to me working out what was going wrong (after some arguments with the GP) and then dropping the meds and stretching every arm muscle I had. Took months of work but that was me and my take on it and I'm fine now

Jo123

I low carb with moderate fats, fatwise I stick to extra Virgin olive oil, oily fish, nuts etc. My cholesterol including my trigs went up when I eat low carb high fat, when I changed to moderate fats, cutting down massively on saturated fats it went down.
My blood pressure which was a high normal went right down when low carbing.

Without being too personal do you have any weight to lose?
If you do read up about the Newcastle diet.

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Great to see you're on board with this stuff and making plans to take control. I have high overall cholesterol but low trigs and that's the important bit. Tingly toes and numb fingers, yes, all normal (!) I find some yoga exercises get the blood chasing nicely around the extremities. My priority is not to get any worse and my hope is to gradually improve. Works for me so far :)

Wuz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I low carb with moderate fats, fatwise I stick to extra Virgin olive oil, oily fish, nuts etc. My cholesterol including my trigs went up when I eat low carb high fat, when I changed to moderate fats, cutting down massively on saturated fats it went down.
My blood pressure which was a high normal went right down when low carbing.

Without being too personal do you have any weight to lose?
If you do read up about the Newcastle diet.

That makes sense thank you I have started using olive oil when cooking I don't eat a lot of dairy gives me heartburn so good oils will help..

Yes I've got some weight to lose which I've struggled with for a few years now I lose a stone and stop I don't gain so that's lucky but trying to get it to shift again is hell .. hopefully this new way of life will help sort that out.. I shall have a look at the Newcastle diet.

Reactions: Spencer67