Feeling Crud - is it my meds?

Blert

Hi,

Just thought I'd post this whilst I maintained my attempts trying to get an appointment with the Nurse!
For the past few days I have been feeling below par. Very tired, poor concentration, jittery, agitated etc. I have been on Metformin 500x2 for a few weeks, and wondered if this was having any effect, whether I need the doseage increasing, or if something thyroidy was going on. My BG varies between 5-10, with a fasting of about 7. I would describe my symptoms as feeling hypo, but the BG is reasonable. Is this because I am not on enough Metformin? :?

Regards
bob

C

catherinecherub

Hi Blert,
Were you levels higher before the treatment was started? It maybe a false hypo if they were.

Catherine.

Blert

Hi Catherine,

not really, the reason I was put onto MF was because of my morning readings which are higher than when I go to bed. Overall as an average I seem to maintain between 7 and 10, but I do get the hypo feeling sometimes when my BG is about 6. I am starting to think my symptoms are not just BG related and am a bit concerned.

Regards

Bob

C

catherinecherub

Sorry I can't be of more help Blert.
Discuss how you are feeling with the nurse at your appointment. She will have all your medical history and will be in a better position to advise you.

Take care,
Catherine.