feeling rotten bit sick of it.

nessa1970

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Gees... feeling like my body is shaking or jittery inside (not something you can visually see) tingling hands feet and nausea but not vomiting. So over it....

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Gees... feeling like my body is shaking or jittery inside (not something you can visually see) tingling hands feet and nausea but not vomiting. So over it....
Could your glucose be too low?

nessa1970

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Pavlosn hi.
No I'm not on insulin. It's 14.1 at the moment. That's with no food since 1.00pm

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @nessa1970

Sorry your feeling so grotty. :(
Is your BG usually this high? Or did something special cause it? Virus? last nights food? Stress?

Reactions: 2 people

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Back to the GP in my opinion. You're brand new to this condition so it could settle down but that figure suggests something else we're not across. Virus maybe? In any event regular meals are normally recommended. Any other meds?

nessa1970

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @nessa1970

Sorry your feeling so grotty. :(
Is your BG usually this high? Or did something special cause it? Virus? last nights food? Stress?
Not the past weeks no usally up to 9.
could be yesterday's coke. I gave it up so first day of being on water. Making me re think that decison lol.

nessa1970

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Back to the GP in my opinion. You're brand new to this condition so it could settle down but that figure suggests something else we're not across. Virus maybe? In any event regular meals are normally recommended. Any other meds?
Hi Mike. No other meds. I'll try get an appointment for the new year. It's so frustrating. I wish it was low then I could fix it with coke lol. That's just a bit of humor Mike.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ah. Yes. Lol. Coke.
It screws me up completely. Either the artificial sweeteners give me a thumping headache, or the caffeine keeps me awake, or the sugar sends me grottily high.
I can't win with coke...

I feel your pain!

Lesleywo

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My addiction to carbs
Maybe you have caffeine withdrawal from the coke? Could account for the shakiness ....

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Hi Mike. No other meds. I'll try get an appointment for the new year. It's so frustrating. I wish it was low then I could fix it with coke lol. That's just a bit of humor Mike.

I get it :) Still seems strange, coke withdrawal or not. Methinks you're a little wound up even if you don't think it. Is that possible?

nessa1970

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh I'm glad someone does. I could almost give everything up except that. I allready want to cave....

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
I allready want to cave....

Don't. You seem to think that might be the cause and that's all the more reason to not give in. That and the fact it will not help your readings one iota.

How much of that stuff did you drink before diagnosis?

nessa1970

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I get it :) Still seems strange, coke withdrawal or not. Methinks you're a little wound up even if you don't think it. Is that possible?
Yes I suppose I am frustrated by the fact I can't eat anything it seems. Only water as I don't drink milk or coffee tea etc. And no carbs which I love like good speciality breads an no fried food. It's like what's left meat....

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Yes I suppose I am frustrated by the fact I can't eat anything it seems. Only water as I don't drink milk or coffee tea etc. And no carbs which I love like good speciality breads an no fried food. It's like what's left meat....

There is a heap you can eat .... you are still EARRRRRLY days so just relax. Lean meats (lamb / pork / beef), chicken, turkey, sausages (85% meat minimum) bacon, eggs, fish (sheesh you live in NZ!!!) good above ground veg. List is endless. Lesson 103 for you ... if we were all condemned to a life of meal misery, none of us would be around to educate new members. That simply is NOT the case.

Mike

Reactions: 4 people

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes

so what WAS your diet ?????

nessa1970

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
There is a heap you can eat .... you are still EARRRRRLY days so just relax. Lean meats (lamb / pork / beef), chicken, turkey, sausages (85% meat minimum) bacon, eggs, fish (sheesh you live in NZ!!!) good above ground veg. List is endless. Lesson 103 for you ... if we were all condemned to a life of meal misery, none of us would be around to educate new members. That simply is NOT the case.

Mike
I just read up on low carb info that was given to another member. So I'm feeling a bit better informed. I also downloaded the recommended app my fitness pal. All set for tomorrow. Meat eggs cheese olive oil nuts veges an yogart an berrys. My only problem is what other drink can I have for a treat as living on water alone forever is not going to work for me. Would soda water and a drop of roses lime cordial be ok once a day Mike?

nessa1970

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
so what WAS your diet ?????
It was coke mc Donalds burger King. That's for take aways. Pizza. Fruit veges salads meat. Deep fried now in then an recently ( last 2 years) crave sweet yummy stuff from cafes like cheesecake and mouse cakes etc....

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
I just read up on low carb info that was given to another member. So I'm feeling a bit better informed. I also downloaded the recommended app my fitness pal. All set for tomorrow. Meat eggs cheese olive oil nuts veges an yogart an berrys. My only problem is what other drink can I have for a treat as living on water alone forever is not going to work for me. Would soda water and a drop of roses lime cordial be ok once a day Mike?

Yep, but test afterwards. You're looking for sugar free stuff. Early days for you so gradual withdrawal is the key. Just take it easy Vanessa