FEET ... Type 2 Diabetes

Sooty2013

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Peanut Butter and Rice Pudding
I have good blood circulation in my feet, according to my last Diabetic Review.

BUT I get lots of aches and pains in my feet, sometimes my legs aches as well.

Any advice would be cool xx

Reactions: 4 people

oojimmyflip

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
the smell of bacon boiling, sweaty feet, nose pickers and eaters. lol.
Everybody's legs swell during the course of the day so I was once told by a Consultant, try to elevate your legs when you relax
this should help alleviate some of the pain your experiencing,

bluejeans98

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Drink plenty of fluids, Rotate your shoes and do foot-ankle-leg stretches. I suffered loads with cramps in feet and legs. Got so bad I hated going to bed at night. Since being on metformin and drinking loads of fluids the cramps have stopped and the aches have reduced. I also live in my crocs at the weekend and at night.

Reactions: 5 people

Ellie-70

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sooty,
I too have problems with pains and aches in my feet and legs and my feet are always hot and the soles 'burn' all of the time, especially when I am in bed. I was only diagnosed with Type 2 in April but I had the diabetes for a few years at last and have had the foot and leg problems since 2012. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find a solution as yet though I have been to two separate podiatrists and a chiropodist. I am on on Metformin 500mg X 2 daily. If I could sit with my feet in a basin of cold water all day that would be bliss but obviously that is not practical. I keep a pot of moisturiser in the fridge and massage it liberally into my feet and this gives some temporary relief but does not solve the problem. My FBG is now in the fives most mornings and my daytime readings are rarely higher than the mid sevens so I don't know if the problem is related to the diabetes or not. I hope we both receive some advice that will help us.

Reactions: 2 people

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
I have peripheral neuropathy in my feet and two things that have helped with the symptoms greatly are good blood glucose control and lots of running and walking.

Reactions: 6 people

Bobbi_T

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just out of interest are you on statins? There is a separate thread on this but when I was on them I suffered so badly with leg pains, despite having good circulation. Hope you get sorted soon. X

Reactions: 2 people

Sooty2013

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Dislikes
Hello BobbyT YES I'm on Statins

Suercc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Stains made my legs ache for the first few weeks

sandiec

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I have good blood circulation in my feet, according to my last Diabetic Review.

BUT I get lots of aches and pains in my feet, sometimes my legs aches as well.

Any advice would be cool xx
hi I suffer with leg pain but my diabetic nurse suggested tonic water because it contains quinine I have since drunk plenty minus the gin lol I have noticed a vast improvement .sandiec

Sooty2013

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Dislikes
Hi sandiec, I will give that a try. Does tonic water have nice taste

Croc

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Sea filth!
My feet do 'burn' a lot but my work does involve being up and down like a fiddlers elbow and running around.

What helped me was telling my husband how important it is for me to have my feet moisturised and thoroughly massaged at least twice a week to keep the circulation good.

He duly obliges which makes my feet, and me, feel a whole lot better:angelic: