Feet

Dippydolly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi the last few weeks my feet have felt very strange usually one foot then it can swap to the other foot it's not a numbness feeling but it's like the foot doesn't belong to me !! Now I have seen my podiatrist and she tested the feet and listened for the pulse all good , my bloods were 61 in May then 51 beginning of August as I am sat here my left foot feels ok but just around ankle feels like I have a sock on ( but no numbness) when I get up and walk all fine

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
I am sat here my left foot feels ok but just around ankle feels like I have a sock on ( but no numbness) when I get up and walk all fine

Good that the Podiatrist checked your feet and all was fine, but Peripheral Neuropathy can present similar feelings/sensations in the feet so maybe worth going to see your Dr and get a second opinion.

Reactions: dbr10

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have peripheral neuropathy in my feet as an ongoing side effect from chemotherapy 4 years ago, long before I was diagnosed diabetic. My foot checks all come back normal - good pulse and full sensation. That is all that matters.. I find that R-ALA supplements help a lot.

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have seen my podiatrist and she tested the feet and listened for the pulse all good
Hello @Dippydolly. The more I read about people's different experiences with feet on this forum the more I'm convinced the NHS model for checking diabetics' tootsies falls way short of adequate. I urge anyone worried (or just curious) about unusual sensations in any part of their feet to push as hard as they can for an expert opinion. I don't even know if such opinion exists but they don't call this form of neuropathy peripheral for nothing and it won't get the attention it needs (we need) without a lot of lobbying.