Female lower abdominal pain - prediabetes sympton?

Jannor

Hi I'm pre-diabetes and seem to have been doing OK controlling with diet so far. Last bloods were late Dec I think and Dr didn't ring so assume they were ok.

I can't find lower abdominal pain as a symptom anywhere - just checking if anyone knows if it is? I've had this intermittently for about 12 months. I will go to docs but can't get in until 24 March.

C

catherinecherub

Hi,

I would see your G.P. as nobody here can diagnose your symptoms. I have never heard of it as a symptom of diabetes and there are so many things it could be.
As your appointment is not far away I would leave Google alone on this matter and wait for a diagnosis from your G.P.

Reactions: 2 people

Jannor

No worries - I am seeing the doctor. Not that I'm convinced it'll do me much good - oh for a good doctor! At least I have confirmation now it isn't diabetes symptom so I won't let them fob me off.

Problem with this pre diabetes is that you tend to blame everything on it and forget other stuff can still happen.

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Don't forget to ask what your readings were too, the only one looking after you is you. Get a meter and keep checking, try and nip it in the bud if you can.

Reactions: 2 people

Jannor

I know I should keep on top it .. I just get busy with work and if I'm not feeling ill tend to forget about it (although I am still watching what I eat). I'll get print outs of readings and find out when I'm supposed to have bloods again.

I will get a meter too ... just remembered actually that I felt totally exhausted all day last Saturday - I bet that was blood sugar related. But was fine again Sunday.

Nicholas Hoare

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am not medically qualified, but your lower abdominal pains 'could be' IBS.
I have been suffering IBS for many years and is not related to my diabetes, and I would describe mine as an intermittent mild to moderate stomach ache and occasional feeling of being bloated.
As I said I am not medically qualified and there are many other possibilities.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Jannor

I had a phase of IBS about 20 years ago whilst stressed so I'm pretty sure it isn't that - and I'm glad as its horrible! Good luck with yours.

Jannor

Had to be seen by Dr yesterday as I felt really ill - I'm waiting to have a scan now :( So, no, it wasn't anything to do with diabetes.