Fiasp side effects?

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Has anybody had side effects from FIASP?

Started since End last year and lost my voice initially, although this has returned, had constant UTI’s and kidney infections. Now being investigated for bladder and kidney problems.
Never had UTI’s or kidney infections before.

Worst being night cramps. Absolutely horrendous every night. And also can get them in the day. Not the odd one but can be both legs below the knees all the way around and all the way through both feet at the same time. Had quinine and intolerant and also had Doppler test and that ok.

Looked up FIASP last night for side effects and all are listed...emailed hospital as well.

Just wondered if anybody else just got horrendous problems with cramps/UTI’s kidney infections after starting it?

Diabetes/urologist - nobody has suggested the FIASP..

Thanks.

Muneeb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Started since End last year and lost my voice initially, although this has returned, had constant UTI’s and kidney infections. Now being investigated for bladder and kidney problems.

Worst being night cramps. Absolutely horrendous every night. And also can get them in the day. Not the odd one but can be both legs below the knees all the way around and all the way through both feet at the same time. Had quinine and intolerant and also had Doppler test and that ok.

Looked up FIASP last night for side effects and all are listed...emailed hospital as well.

Just wondered if anybody else just got horrendous problems with cramps/UTI’s kidney infections after starting it?

Thanks.

I've been using it since November last year, switched from novorapid. No issues for me, but I do keep very active, no infections etc. But certain people react differently to medication, hence the side effects may be rare, you should probably discuss further with GP's or consultants to identify the root cause.

Reactions: donnellysdogs

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Thanks.
Hello, it's nice to see you around again! :)
I'm sorry you had such a rough time, are things better now?
I've been on fiasp since 10th June, I didn't experience the kind of cramps or kidney infections like you. Like @helensaramay fiasp doesn't seem to have a long shell life, I do notice I need extra units towards the end of the box. Have you been able to try novorapid to see if its elevates your symptoms?

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
No issues here either. Could you go back to your old insulin to see if the problems clear up?
Good luck!

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Thanks for reply’s...

I know I am hugely intolerant to a lot of medications... but never as far asI’m aware insulin of any sort.

I had onespare pack of novorapid in fridge and was going to try it before realising it went out of date in June!!
Also had it removed off my prescription so last night I emailed everything to my educator and she has sent a script to my GP for it.
She apparently spoke to a consultant who suggested it could be nephrophy but that doesn’t list horrible horrendous cramps but does for UTI’s.

Am being checked for kidneys, bladder ok. That’s being done Sunday. Hoping it will show nothing wrong as my bloods are ok for kidneys.

I too notice it only last two weeks out of fridge.

Got changed because of DP and waking rises... and was having to inject at 3am. No longer 3am doses as I have both trsiiba and insulatard as background insulin’s and this combination stops the 3am rises

Hoping scan will be ok as inevitably worried about cancer especially as dad died of cancer rumour attached to blood supply around kidney area. Am sure it’s nothing to do with kidneys as the onset of problems have been so close to the FIASP changeover.

Don’t take the cancer tablets, or anything else except iron (4 years) and small dose antibiotics (July) so no other meds that can cause sudden changes.

Never looked at side effects of insulin until last night as clutching at straws to get some explanation... then bang, every side effect I have....

Thanks for help everybody and responses. Onward and upward!! Still very active and now got two dogs that keep me very active!!!

@MeiChanksi... very well thanks. New life and loving it after hubbys sudden death. All good !! Xxx

Muneeb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks for reply’s...

I know I am hugely intolerant to a lot of medications... but never as far asI’m aware insulin of any sort.

I had onespare pack of novorapid in fridge and was going to try it before realising it went out of date in June!!
Also had it removed off my prescription so last night I emailed everything to my educator and she has sent a script to my GP for it.
She apparently spoke to a consultant who suggested it could be nephrophy but that doesn’t list horrible horrendous cramps but does for UTI’s.

Am being checked for kidneys, bladder ok. That’s being done Sunday. Hoping it will show nothing wrong as my bloods are ok for kidneys.

I too notice it only last two weeks out of fridge.

Got changed because of DP and waking rises... and was having to inject at 3am. No longer 3am doses as I have both trsiiba and insulatard as background insulin’s and this combination stops the 3am rises

Hoping scan will be ok as inevitably worried about cancer especially as dad died of cancer rumour attached to blood supply around kidney area. Am sure it’s nothing to do with kidneys as the onset of problems have been so close to the FIASP changeover.

Don’t take the cancer tablets, or anything else except iron (4 years) and small dose antibiotics (July) so no other meds that can cause sudden changes.

Never looked at side effects of insulin until last night as clutching at straws to get some explanation... then bang, every side effect I have....

Thanks for help everybody and responses. Onward and upward!! Still very active and now got two dogs that keep me very active!!!

@MeiChanksi... very well thanks. New life and loving it after hubbys sudden death. All good !! Xxx

Would novorapid not have the same side effects? as they are essentially the same, but FIASP has two additives for faster absorption. It could be the additives which cause issues, but I've not seen that anywhere.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Been on Fiasp around a year now and had no health issues at all with the change. I used to get severe cramps a few years ago while on NovSluggish BUT insulin had nothing to do with them. Not had cramps for a long time now (please don't happen any time soon!!)

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Would novorapid not have the same side effects? as they are essentially the same, but FIASP has two additives for faster absorption. It could be the additives which cause issues, but I've not seen that anywhere.

I have huge intolerances to additives in any medication!! So could be the additives!!

Thank you..