Finally Got Some Numbers

Safi

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello again everyone :)

So I finally got my meter after much pfaffing about (so much for the ease of internet shopping!!) & wanted to run my numbers by the real experts.

Took it for a test drive upon its late afternoon arrival (random non-fasting in the lingo I think?) & got a 5.1.

Had some dinner about an hour & a half later - 2 x soy & linseed toast with vegemite, avocado (a goodly portion) & 2 x fried eggs.

Pre-meal was 3.7
1 hour was 4.9
2 hour was 5 wasn't sure if this was a 'real' rise so waited a bit
2 1/2 hour was 4.4

This mornings fasting was 4.9. Had breakfast about 2 hours later - black coffee, walnuts, brazil nuts, almonds & swiss cheese.

Pre-meal was 4.7
1 hour was 5.3
2 hour was 5.2

All looks pretty good to my untrained eye but I'm unsure as to whether the similarities between my one hour & two hour readings is a good thing or not so would really appreciate some input.

Thanks for your time :)

Safi

Reactions: 2 people

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
They're good. Spikes near non existent and fall backs good as well

Reactions: 3 people

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
Yeah sounds very good.

daddys1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good figures, well great figures, but going to through a little negative in, I can only see that the carbs you had was the 2 x soy & linseed toast which is great as you appear not to have spiked, even with about 24 carbs in one meal. 24 carbs is very low for a days food, keeping to that level will take some dedication, but that will certainly keep you in the right area., I think some of the low carbers aim for 50 carbs a day.

I looked at your status, and see you were diagnosed at HbA1c32 but pre diabetic which is exceptionally low, really normal.

Not sure what your weight/bmi is?

Neil

Safi

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good figures, well great figures, but going to through a little negative in, I can only see that the carbs you had was the 2 x soy & linseed toast which is great as you appear not to have spiked, even with about 24 carbs in one meal. 24 carbs is very low for a days food, keeping to that level will take some dedication, but that will certainly keep you in the right area., I think some of the low carbers aim for 50 carbs a day.

I looked at your status, and see you were diagnosed at HbA1c32 but pre diabetic which is exceptionally low, really normal.

Not sure what your weight/bmi is?

Neil

I only got my meter before dinner so was unable test breakfast & lunch although they were very low carb. Was thinking I should up my carbs a little & see how I go as I don't want to lose any weight - I'm 5 foot 4 & weigh 53kg which isn't under but I'm a medium frame so looking a bit bony. Will start testing my reaction to the more nutritious (vegetable) carbs & see what my meter thinks :)

My new Doctor did seem happy with my HBA1C and said to keep doing what I was doing (gotta be happy with that) but he didn't mention any follow up - is that something I should push for at some point?

Cheers

Safi

daddys1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @Safi, from your signature, you have a fasting of 5.1 really good then a 2 hour, I presume after breakfast 7.9, we aim for a movement of not more than 2mmol/L from the first pre meal figure to the 2hr. You maybe should check at 1hr and see how you are spiking and then adjust the food or carbs accordingly.

Neil
Ps going to bed now not sure where you are but I'm the UK

Safi

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @Safi, from your signature, you have a fasting of 5.1 really good then a 2 hour, I presume after breakfast 7.9, we aim for a movement of not more than 2mmol/L from the first pre meal figure to the 2hr. You maybe should check at 1hr and see how you are spiking and then adjust the food or carbs accordingly.

Neil
Ps going to bed now not sure where you are but I'm the UK

I'm in Australia Neil so early afternoon here - thanks for replying in the middle of the night!

That 5.1 to 7.9 figure was the result of the OGTT after I'd low carbed for 3 weeks or so (need to change my signature to make that clearer!) not having been advised by my old Doc that it might alter the result. I've long been a bit suss about the 2 hr number but was wary of wishing/deluding myself into thinking they got it wrong if that makes any sense. I was referred for the OGTT after only one high fasting of 6.3 when I was ill (hence my visit to the Doc) so I'm not even sure if I should have been sent in the first place :confused:

Anyhoo - I've got the meter now so I'll noodle along testing & tweaking my diet & see where it takes me.

Thanks for your time :)

Safi