First blood results since diagnosis following a Keto diet

SusyQ2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi
I was diagnosed as T2 in January this year. My initial results were BS 11.5, HBAIC 56 & cholesterol 5.7. Blood pressure was 190/90 & I weighed 15.6 stone!!!. I read about the Keto & LCHF diets a month later & decided to give Keto a try. For 2 months I consumed 20gms of carbs per day with 16 hour intermittent fasting. My blood results in March were BS 5.8, HBIAC 43 & cholesterol 5.1, blood pressure was normal ( I didn't take the meds they prescribed) & I lost just over a stone :) Happy days! I was quite chuffed with this result, however the DN wanted to put me on meds for Cholesterol which I refused as I think this will keep going down in line with everything else.
I'm now eating between 20-40 grams of carbs a day. I have eggs & bacon every morning, fried in lard! My BS are usually around 4 - 4.5 for the day maybe rising to 5.5 after dinner for a while. I haven't eaten any bread, pasta, rice, cakes, KFC (sob sob) or biscuits & I feel great. I'm never hungry in between meals & if I do get peckish then baby bell is my snack of choice. I now weigh 13.13 stone.
I definitely couldn't have done this without a monitoring kit & the inspiration I found on here to give it a try, so a big old thank you to you all... :)

SusyQ2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @SusyQ2 ..
Well done and many congrats on your excellent results .. I agree with you 100% about diet, exercise and the inspiration found on this forum
I have my meeting with Nursie on 25th and I hope that my results are similar to yours ..
Thank you AM1874 :) & good luck with your results... Your stats look great already, well done!

kokhongw

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Congratulations on finding the courage to take the step towards your keto journey.

Reactions: SusyQ2

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Congratulations @SusyQ2 great results.

I'm also following a low carb diet and exercising more. Next HbA1c will be in early June and hoping for a drop.

CherryAA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi
I was diagnosed as T2 in January this year. My initial results were BS 11.5, HBAIC 56 & cholesterol 5.7. Blood pressure was 190/90 & I weighed 15.6 stone!!!. I read about the Keto & LCHF diets a month later & decided to give Keto a try. For 2 months I consumed 20gms of carbs per day with 16 hour intermittent fasting. My blood results in March were BS 5.8, HBIAC 43 & cholesterol 5.1, blood pressure was normal ( I didn't take the meds they prescribed) & I lost just over a stone :) Happy days! I was quite chuffed with this result, however the DN wanted to put me on meds for Cholesterol which I refused as I think this will keep going down in line with everything else.
I'm now eating between 20-40 grams of carbs a day. I have eggs & bacon every morning, fried in lard! My BS are usually around 4 - 4.5 for the day maybe rising to 5.5 after dinner for a while. I haven't eaten any bread, pasta, rice, cakes, KFC (sob sob) or biscuits & I feel great. I'm never hungry in between meals & if I do get peckish then baby bell is my snack of choice. I now weigh 13.13 stone.
I definitely couldn't have done this without a monitoring kit & the inspiration I found on here to give it a try, so a big old thank you to you all... :)

Great news Suzy, if you take a look at my signature it records the changes in composition of cholesterol from starting figure of 5.5 down to 3.9 few months later . It would be interesting to do a comparison of the componenet parts - I agree with you that the cholesterol is likely to carry on getting better .

Rosiegough_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Evil beings. Destroying our beautiful Planet X
Wow that's amazing xxx

iklpixi

Is anyone on here T1 & following this diet? I've been T1 for 26 years and would like to try this but don't even know where to begin....

SusyQ2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Great news Suzy, if you take a look at my signature it records the changes in composition of cholesterol from starting figure of 5.5 down to 3.9 few months later . It would be interesting to do a comparison of the componenet parts - I agree with you that the cholesterol is likely to carry on getting better .
Thank you CherryAA :) WOW!! you have done really well, thanks for sharing all the info x

SusyQ2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Is anyone on here T1 & following this diet? I've been T1 for 26 years and would like to try this but don't even know where to begin....
Hi, I started with looking at the info on www.ruled.me There is a ketogenic food list on there, a great place to start. There is also a forum on here with lots of useful info :)

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
There is a section for Type 1's and keto on the ketogenic forum
https://www.ketogenicforums.com
You have to join as it is in a restricted health area so not available for all and sundry to view. But the people there are very helpful and knowledgeable.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
We call bacon and eggs for breakfast 'Dr Atkins revenge' - and I was thinking of having a tee shirt printed with my HDL/LDL ratio and the 'ideal' comment it got when I checked it.