First fasting test ...

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Good morning bulkbiker 6 .1

AM1874

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Not much
SD Codefree arrived today (I ordered this before I came across the free TEE 2) .. anyway, I have now done a pre and post meal test with both, with identical results. So, readings today (Day 1) were ... Fasting: 5.7 : Pre-meal 6.3 : Post-meal 5.9
I'm a little surprised at this since my BG at diagnosis on 7 Feb was 12.5. Could this drop be due to Metaformin and my LCHF for 2 weeks .. I'm averaging just under 100 g carbs a day
Surprised but happy :happy:

Jamesuk9

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
SD Codefree arrived today (I ordered this before I came across the free TEE 2) .. anyway, I have now done a pre and post meal test with both, with identical results. So, readings today (Day 1) were ... Fasting: 5.7 : Pre-meal 6.3 : Post-meal 5.9
I'm a little surprised at this since my BG at diagnosis on 7 Feb was 12.5. Could this drop be due to Metaformin and my LCHF for 2 weeks .. I'm averaging just under 100 g carbs a day
Yes, LCHF if you're strict can have a remarkable effect in a short space of time...

Those numbers are in fact normal pretty much so keep a close eye on it and speak to your doctor about lowering meds after a few weeks of consistency.

Well done.

Reactions: AM1874

Element137

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Great start ! - and yes- your levels can drop that quick - I only did around 7 weeks on Metformin before agreeing with my doc that my levels were good enough to stop taking it - its seems too simple eh ? - you will see lots of real life experience of other people on her getting the same results with LCHF.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My Tee 2 meter arrived yesterday and I did my first fasting test today at about 05.30 ... result 5.7
Happy Day :happy: :happy:

you are doing fine already... if you keep on I´m sure you can get very low... :)

daisyduck

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
LCHF showed great results in a couple of weeks for me.. so yes, it does work quickly if you stick to it :)
Well done on your first tests, great results :)

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

yes it can be the low carb diet working already, the metformin is also helping but it only helps a bit like maybe lowering about 10% which is of cause a help but not really crusial compared to really low carb eating style...
congratulations you can do even lower numbers I am sure

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Excellent!!

Just keep in mind that many of find that one simple slip up or indulgence can take a few days to come down and stay down. Indulgences just aren't worth the consequences for ME. Just a word of precaution. Keep up the good work!!!