First Review Since Diagnosis, with my Own GP!

B

badcat

Congratulations on your results - v impressive
I first went low carb about 5 years ago when my control had become more difficult and there had been talk of introducing more meds, which I had refused on the basis of the reported increased risk of cancer associated with the class of drugs they wanted to give me. I had bought the consultant off by saying I would reconsider if we retested in 6 months
During the 6 months I went and did some research then went low carb ( under 50g). When I went back my blood results were near perfect. I didnt tell the consultant what I had been doing until she had reviewed all the bloodwork and gushed with congratulations. She was initially sceptical about the long term use of LC but is now a convert and has said that LC is the way to go for all diabetics, although she is sceptical if many will do it
I have so far responded to any drop in control by further lowerin g of carbs and am still on the same dose of a single medication as I have been since diagnosis over 20 years ago and have a more educated consultant

Reactions: ringi

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
And what do we expect if most of us hide LCHF from our GPS, we are all guilty of stopping our GPs leaning from us.
@ringi
I talked about LCHF to the dn and the gp. The dn just avoided the subject but my (new) gp who is a youngster nodded vigorously when I said I had been following the regime. I agree that unless we cite our individual successes on LCHF they will just keep dishing out drugs and pushing out the eatwell plate nonsense.
My goal is to be drug free and if I manage it you can be sure that everyone in the practise will know about it!