1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2017 »
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

FODMAP Diet for IBS

Discussion in 'Gluten-free Forum' started by Contralto, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Contralto

Contralto Other · Well-Known Member

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Winnie53

Winnie53 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Thanks @Contralto Last night, I learned that an acquaintance has IBS, and I really don't know anything about it. Appreciate the article overviewing the FODMAPS diet. :)

3. Tasha_Wilkinson

Tasha_Wilkinson Type 1 · Member

Can I say, I've been on this diet (more or less, I adjust based on my personal responses to certain foods) and it is AMAZING! Of course I follow the diet combined with certain probiotics and anti-spasmodic medication but I fully recommend this to anyone with stomach sensitivities

4. Nicksu

Nicksu Type 2 · Well-Known Member

My Mum has IBS. I had to laugh at this article - all the foods to exclude she can't eat, and the foods to include she can't eat - both because she would be on the toilet after eating them!

5. Kristin251

Kristin251 LADA · Well-Known Member

There are other more extensive lists of foods on other sites.
    I find it to be very helpful and the lists I have give you acceptable portions, like 3 asparagus spears or 1-2 tablespoons nuts
    Garlic and onion powder are the worst on all lists and I completely agree. I use garlic infused olive oil, which I prefer as it's not bitter at all and I need to eat onions sparingly.
    For anyone with tummy issues I highly recommend trying it.
    Some foods work and some still don't, like any food list.

https://whole30.com/downloads/whole30-shopping-list-FODMAP.pdf

6. MissAM

MissAM · Newbie

I have found the Monash Uni app to be really helpful in terms of telling me what can and can't be eaten. It isn't cheap but it is super helpful. For recipes I quite like www.fructosefreecooking.com as it has a section that includes different diets, which I found really helpful.

• Informative Informative x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook