Foot Ulcers Panacea?

Cowboyjim

All too infrequently there comes along something new that could really make a difference in people's lives. I spotted this news item and was immediately impressed it was one such.
Only available in the US so far I suspect. 8)

NO-STING SKIN-PREP™ Spray for Periwounds Launched by Smith & Nephew
New formula protects skin from the effects of incontinence and friction, quick drying and lasts up to four days
http://www.centredaily.com/2010/09/29/2239356/no-sting-skin-prep-spray-for-periwounds.html
NO-STING SKIN-PREP Spray is a liquid film-forming dressing that dries in less than 30 seconds for caregiver and patient convenience. The new spray leaves a clear waterproof, breathable and conformable barrier that allows for visual assessment of the periwound area. The new spray formula is alcohol free, reducing the potential for stinging when applied to vulnerable skin.

Heidi Hogue, RN, BScN, Director of the Wound Healing Institute of Southeast Arkansas said, "I've been using the NO-STING SKIN-PREP Spray, and the product has exceeded my expectations. I've seen the product perform well when used with Negative Pressure Wound Therapy. I also use it around the periwound areas of pressure, venous and diabetic foot ulcers. NO-STING SKIN PREP Spray is easy to use and it helps me help my patients by preventing and reducing irritation to the skin, and reducing the risk of skin trauma."

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
You need to check with a pharmacist to see if this stuff is really good.
Ulcers are better prevented than treated
I prefer TIGHT blood Glucose control as a method of keeping my feet healthy. They scored 10/10 on all tests last time.