for jimmyD and pizza

jopar

For you daughters pizza

It would be good to try to find out how the Pizza is reacting to see what your best move is....

Give normal injection, the finger prick test 1 hour, 2 hours, 3 hours after meal... Hopefully this should help to show when the BG starts to raise and when it peaks...

It might be that to get a good result you might just have to delay the injection rather than spilt

It takes about 10 minutes for the insulin to start to work and will last in the region of 4 hours but as with anything diabetic it can be very individual...

The problem with pizza is that it has a high fat content (cheese) which can slow down the asortbtion of carbs, it similar as treating as the difference treating a hypo with chocolate and jelly babies... Jelly babies will raise the sugar levles far quicker as they are almost pure glucose and the body can strart to asorb it as it melts in the move... But because chocolate have high fat content the body got to break down the fat in the chococlate before it can start to asorb the glucose/carb content...

JimmyD

Hi

Thanks for the taking the time with this, the problem we do have is that we often eat out at the Italian at around 5ish(normal tea time) but she goes to bed between 6.45-7pm. So this limits the testing available as I hate waking her!!!
May try and do a lunch, subject school and try this so we can work it out.
Thanks again.

JimmyD

Stuboy

Dislikes
Crowds. Being high. Being Hypo.
When i eat pizza i take 60% of the dose when i eat... and 40% of the dose 1.5 - 2 hours later... that keeps me on the straight and narrow usually... if im not already having a bad day with the up's and downs.

JimmyD

Hi

About two weeks ago got round to having a lunch time time pizza and checked blood every hour and it was stable(around 5 mmol) for around 3 hours then shot up, just as the novarapid finsished~!!!
So thanks Stu need to do as you say about 2 hours give another dose.

Cheers