Free Accu-Chek Mobile arrived today.....

berylc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
When people who know nothing about the LCHF diet tell me I'm killing myself being on it. I was killing myself not being on it!
I entered a 'draw' for a free Accu-chek Mobile. I answered that I was not on insulin but diet and tablets, well I was on tablets but trying to stay off them. The machine arrived today and on the front it says 'For people with diabetes using insulin'. What is the difference? Why are the machines different? I thought I could use this system as backup and when I go on holiday, rather than take testing strips and finger prickers.

Reactions: Freema

Gaz-M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
baked beans
you can still use it as back-up, just do a test from the same finger at the same time and see what the difference in the readings are

Reactions: berylc

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I wouldn't think there is any difference in the actual monitor. They might use a different box for the free monitors they give to Type 1s - probably to prevent them being sold on ebay.

Last edited:
Reactions: berylc and Freema

berylc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
When people who know nothing about the LCHF diet tell me I'm killing myself being on it. I was killing myself not being on it!
Well that was interesting..... 1 hr after tea, no exercise yet.
SD Codefree 7.8
Accu-Chek Mobile 9.1!
SD Codefree again 8.6
All same finger, and only pricked once and all tests under 2 minutes!
#confusedmyself
Off to walk the dogs in the wind and rain!

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
What is the difference? Why are the machines different? I thought I could use this system as backup and when I go on holiday, rather than take testing strips and finger prickers.

It's just a bg meter like any other, so it can be used by someone like yourself who has type 2, no idea why it would say that on the box but @Prem51 explanation is likely right.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I think you will have a shock when you see what the Accuchek Mobile cassettes cost. Try eBay for them, there are often some bargains on there.

I use the AC Mobile and the Codefree. I find the AC Mobile is always lower than the CF, averaging about 1mmol/l lower. I know the CF has a reputation of reading higher than some other meters, but I also worry the AC reads too low.

Bigse

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I think you will have a shock when you see what the Accuchek Mobile cassettes cost. Try eBay for them, there are often some bargains on there.

I use the AC Mobile and the Codefree. I find the AC Mobile is always lower than the CF, averaging about 1mmol/l lower. I know the CF has a reputation of reading higher than some other meters, but I also worry the AC reads too low.
Hello!
I have received my AC Mobile today and find exactly same difference in reading betwee

Jamesuk9

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Same here, My codefree reads 1.0 higher on average than the AC Mobile. I thought the Mobile ran a bit low but it matched my venous fasting exactly and the avg was only 0.1 out from my hba1c. I concluded the mobile is the more accurate based on the comparison to doctors blood results.

CapnGrumpy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It's not unusual to see variation between meters, or even variation between readings using the same meter and finger.

If you're only planning to use the Mobile as a back up, be aware that once the cassette is loaded into the meter it will expire after 3 months regardless of the expiry date printed on the packaging. Also watch out that you don't touch your finger onto the cassette when you test or you may get an error.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I received a free Accu chek mobile, the machine is so different to use after all these years with strips, but getting used to it, my other Accu check's are the Nano and and Aviva Expert.

Reactions: berylc

berylc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes

Just as well I was sitting down when I looked up the cost. Will continue with the Codefree and will use this one as a backup. Though it is less fuss than the strips, but what a price!

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Just as well I was sitting down when I looked up the cost. Will continue with the Codefree and will use this one as a backup. Though it is less fuss than the strips, but what a price!

I used the Codefree with the AC as a back up emergency meter, apart from some comparison checks when the CF strips played up (which they do, frequently). For the last week and a half I have used the Accu Chek exclusively but am cutting down on my testing significantly to compensate for the additional cost. I've been testing nearly 3 years now so I know I can relax a little. The AC is so much more convenient with having everything you need in the meter itself, and the AC Fastclix pen that comes with it is superb with the lancet drum neatly hidden away inside it. (I also use this with my Codefree) I am pleased to say my averages have dropped since dispensing with the CF!!!!!!!!!

I do buy my replacement strip cassettes on eBay - you just have to watch for them being in-date.

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am Type 2 for 21 years now, and I've been through numerous machines and brands and are a big fan of the AC ranges. I have an AC Compact Plus, for a few years now, and recently bought an AC Mobile as I like the idea of a none strip testing. I did speak to the manufacturer of the AC Mobile as I also did not know the difference. She informed me that's it's more suitable for Type 1 Diabetics as they must test more often than Type 2's since the cartridges expires very quickly, but I can still use it for back up or otherwise. But what I found, is that the cartridges are extremely expensive. The machine itself is superb and easy to use and I find very accurate.

lynnhan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi there's no difference ,I hasve used this meter for many years, the customer service, free batteries, glucose test books and control solution are all free and just a call away,the care line is very useful, and the monitor will be replaced if faulty in the future, so register it on line and happy testing.Lynn type 2 for27 years