Freestyle libra

kellie lees

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, my husband is trialling the freestyle libra. But the patch has fallen off - I think he sweat too much when exercising. Does anyone have experience of this and any advice of ways he can keep the patch on? He felt really positive about it so he's quite disheartened that it's fallen off. Thank you

Fleegle

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I wonder if they might have changed the glue because I have had some problems with them falling off. You know if you call abbott they may well replace it depending how long it was on for.

You can stick a see through patch on it - Tegaderm film is a common one and I use that.
I also use opsite flexfix, again it is a clear plastic plaster. They both work well. Both available from Amazon.

I learnt yesterday from another member that if you cover them, you must create a hole in the plaster over the hole you can se on the sensor to allow it to breath apparently. This came from Abbott.

My experience if it helps - make sure the skin is really dry when it goes on - use the provided alcohol wipe but then let that evaporate before applying. Do it when you are cool - so the evening but give it some time to "set" before you go to bed. It should stick - I have no problem with exercise or swimming or normal use. As I say - I have found just the last few the glue is not as good.

In the sun the glue does soften and that is when I find the plasters a must if you also work out or swim.

maggieoldbird

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, my husband is trialling the freestyle libra. But the patch has fallen off - I think he sweat too much when exercising. Does anyone have experience of this and any advice of ways he can keep the patch on? He felt really positive about it so he's quite disheartened that it's fallen off. Thank you
I had this problem solved it by using Skin Tac Wipe, it's a adhesive barrier wipe. Approved by Abbott in fact they recommended it after having to replace my 3rd sensor. They will replace upto 12 days of wearing by the way. The wipes are available on Amazon inexpensive and come in boxes of 50. Hope this helps Maggie

Reactions: Bon83