Freestyle Libre and the Reader

tubamanandy

So basically you download Magisk on your phone (which hides the fact that the phone is rooted) then go into the Play Store and download the app ?

D

Diabeticliberty

I had some issues with my previous phone killing off sensors swiping them after their 60 minute initialisation for the first time. I had hoped that my new phone would not have the same issues. about 10 days ago I dropped my reader into a fast flowing river while giving a lesson and ordered a new starter kit. While waiting for it to arrive I fitted a new sensor and ran the sensor start up from my new phone. The sensor died. I do have significant reservations about starting the sensor with a phone only.

tubamanandy

Not had any issues here with starting my sensor with my phone (didn't bother with a reader) but its the official application and a compatible phone - wouldn't hesitate to do it again

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
So basically you download Magisk on your phone (which hides the fact that the phone is rooted) then go into the Play Store and download the app ?

No, you root your phone with the magisk zip file via custom recovery......as you would with superSU......you will need to unroot the phone first before rooting again with magisk.....you also need the magisk uninstall zip as well as the magisk manager apk.....

you will need have stock boot image too, so if you have a custom rom on the go it may not work....

as far as downloading the app from google play....if it doesn't let you download now, installing magisk wont change that....you can get the apk file for the app off a website....

once installed you go into magisk manager and you can then hide root from each app on your phone separately, which is a cool function....

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The application will not work with Rooted phones. My latest phone is rooted and d

The appln does not work with rooted phones - my latest phone is rooted and wont work but my previous phone is not rooted and does work.
I have NO idea what that means!

Zsuzsa

Type of diabetes
Type 1
This maybe a daft question but why would you buy the reader if you have a compatible phone (with an NFC chip) ?

I just bought the sensor & downloaded the official appln to one of my older phones (my current phone is not compatible).

Does the reader in the starter kit have much more/any more functionality ?