Freestyle libre iPhone app

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
The thing with LimiTTer and Bluereader is they use the common xDrip+ software (as well as in blue Reader's case, it's own app). xDrip+ then handles all the alarming etc, meaning there's no need to write something new.

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1

O_DP_T1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Bump, looks like Apple are allowing NFC data to be read from Tags, does this mean an App is on it's way?

AJKOK11

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Saw that news last night, both iphone 8 and iphone x have NFC reader capabilities so in throery no reason why iphone can't be used just like android to directly scan the freestyle sensor. You would hope an organisation like Abbott would be ahead of the curve and been developing an app in anticipation. NFC has been publicised by Apple for a while and was added in a limited way for apple pay to be used. Lets hope they have something.

O_DP_T1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Saw that news last night, both iphone 8 and iphone x have NFC reader capabilities so in throery no reason why iphone can't be used just like android to directly scan the freestyle sensor. You would hope an organisation like Abbott would be ahead of the curve and been developing an app in anticipation. NFC has been publicised by Apple for a while and was added in a limited way for apple pay to be used. Lets hope they have something.

Same here....If not I know a guy that

jamiedruce

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Shouldn't be long now! They have a whole bunch of references to the iPhone and iOS in their site code that is simply hidden, but you can see it with a bit of dev tool magic!

Link is currently dead though.. points to: https://www.librelink.com/docs/librelink_ios

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-09-27 at 21.12.53.png
    Screen Shot 2017-09-27 at 21.12.53.png
    416.6 KB · Views: 1,103

lou258

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I had a session with one of their training ladies yesterday to get a free sample. She said q1 2018 for apple app

Reactions: danfg95 and AJKOK11

danfg95

I was investigating on the LibreLink web site source code and I found interesting things.
First the web is ready to show iPhone compatibility but the strings are hidden. I found the “iPhone” word hidden in the main text, the link to download the app from the AppStore, and the AppStore button icon.

13805eeca1e887fb7658cf9d586ece1a.jpg

0a78c44fa237965cdb17e86900f9c374.jpg

This is the AppStore link but it’s not showing anything at this moment:
10a19b427534a851ae3c6e6cf529cdf4.jpg

Also I have found references on the user terms:

518befb4985dec098c2845092edc79a8.jpg

I hope to see the LibreLink app for iOS soon on the AppStore :)

danfg95

More news! I have talked with the FreeStyle Libre customers support via twitter and they said me that we should receive updates on January 2018!

0ff5612ad8da083dc56d2a45144696d2.jpg

Only one month left to get news about LibreLink for iOS

Reactions: mytype1.life

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Had an appointment with my DSN yesterday for a trial with the Libre. The Abbot rep said that the Iphone app SHOULD be late Jan early Feb

Reactions: danfg95

mytype1.life

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Woohoo thanks for sharing! So just to confirm this means... no blucon required if wanting to link with an Apple Watch? Buttt would need a blucon if wanting alerts?

Reactions: mitch61

djking

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Great news.............. but for me: "This product is not available in your country" Ahhhhhhhhh

upload_2018-2-6_20-5-44.png

Last edited:

djking

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Woohoo thanks for sharing! So just to confirm this means... no blucon required if wanting to link with an Apple Watch? Buttt would need a blucon if wanting alerts?
Yes, functionality would be the same on an iPhone as it is an Android... so no alerts sorry.

Reactions: mytype1.life

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It looks to me as if they've fired the 3rd party who were developing the LibreLink app to make this work for iOS and redistribute it for Android. The LibreLink website now warns you the old app for Android is being discontinued and redirects you to the official Abbot Freestyle Libre website for the new one.

Good move by Abbott as device support on the previous app was pretty shoddy. Still more functionality with xDrip by the looks of it though it should enable more people to link the Libre with their phone at a basic level.