FREESTYLE LIBRE ON SALE!!!!

Bombjack

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks Scott-C. I still haven't got my head around flash monitoring yet - but i will certainly have a look at Blucon now. :)

Veronica85

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Can someone give me a run down of everything I need in this kit please?. I’m considering buying a kit if the price is right and I know exactly what to get. Thanks. T2

ElenaP

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thank you Scott-C for the clear explanation on how to use Libre as CGM. I went to order Libre a couple of weeks ago and found that they were not accepting new customers, but I aim to get one as soon as they are available again. I started on Accu-Chek Insight pump six weeks ago (after seven years of asking for a pump!) and am feeling the benefit with fewer erratic readings. I think that I may purchase Dexcom for now, while I wait for Libre.

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you Scott-C for the clear explanation on how to use Libre as CGM. I went to order Libre a couple of weeks ago and found that they were not accepting new customers, but I aim to get one as soon as they are available again. I started on Accu-Chek Insight pump six weeks ago (after seven years of asking for a pump!) and am feeling the benefit with fewer erratic readings. I think that I may purchase Dexcom for now, while I wait for Libre.

Maybe ask your clinic if they have a trial on, or have some just to hand out? no harm asking!

Bombjack

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I think that I may purchase Dexcom for now, while I wait for Libre.

I've just taken a look at the Dexcom prices, and it's eye-watering! I thought the Libre was expensive! If I were to use Dexcom long term, I'd definitely be looking to use the sensors longer than a week (which appears to be possible with Dexcom).

That said, I would recommend going for a flash monitoring system, even if you are just going to use it for a couple of months or so. The insight you get into how your blood glucose trends is so valuable.

h884

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi there. I am also looking to purchase Freestyle Libre. At present Abbott the company who sell it are not accepting new customers. You can register your interest on their website but that is as far as it goes. Sensors can be bought for example from Superdrug for £35.00 each.

Hope this is some help

DavidnVicky

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Insulin
I've also just registered on the mailing list for the starter pack for my wife who is struggling with her levels.
Does anyone know if there's anywhere else that you can purchase them from?

h884

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I am in the same position. I can find chemists such as Superdrug which stock the sensors but now where as yet which stocks the readers.

Good luck with your quest. Let us know how you get on

traceyjwhite

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I don’t use the reader, I use the Freestyle app on my phone. It’s free.

Hi.
I have tried to get this from my doctor and my diabetes team have not answered my emails or calls about it.
Can you help me with a question.
If I purchase the sensors can I download the app on my phone and use it that way or do I need to buy the reader?
I would prefer to use the sensor and phone app
Hope you don’t mind me asking.
Tracey

TDavies

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi.
I have tried to get this from my doctor and my diabetes team have not answered my emails or calls about it.
If I purchase the sensors can I download the app on my phone and use it that way or do I need to buy the reader?
Tracey
Yes you can just download the app to your phone and use it to scan the sensor without having a reader. Your phone has to have these specifications:
Android

• Operating system: Android 5.0 or higher.
• Near-Field Communication (NFC): Your smartphone must have NFC capabilities and NFC must be enabled.

iOS

• Phone models: iPhone 7 or higher
• Operating system: OS 11 or higher

There is also LibreLinkUp app for sharing the readings. Another person or people gets a notification of your blood sugar reading every time you scan.

The LibreLink app is free, and so is LibreLinkUp.

traceyjwhite

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks for helping me. I will take all the information to my doctor and maybe once they realise they can save money on the reader and just prescribe the sensors they will help!
I’ll let you know if I get it sorted.
Thanks again

videoman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes it's a postcode lottery here in Plymouth Devon as the ccg says NO;and I ask why?

videoman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Was wondering when the post code lottery will end and give the libre system to all T!?

MrCuddlyMoses

Hi.
Tracey
To get it on prescription you need to be type 1 on insulin and your local CCG needs to approve it.
My consultant has said to me that in about a year they should accept type2 on insulin