Freestyle libre

Arthur-Itis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Having been a user of this glucose monitoring I sincerely hope this come off

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-4225676/Diabetes-patch-ends-pain-finger-prick-tests.html
I also saw that article and decided to have a shot with it. I decided to run with the Android App rather than purchase a reader. I am testing in conjunction with test strips and running a log for comparison purposes. The readings on the Libre are consistently three below the test strips. Is this normal, ie can I rely on the Libre readings to always be 3 units lower.
Has anyone got experience of transferring readings from the App on a Samsung S6 to a desktop computer running W10.
Many thanks for any replies...

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I also saw that article and decided to have a shot with it. I decided to run with the Android App rather than purchase a reader. I am testing in conjunction with test strips and running a log for comparison purposes. The readings on the Libre are consistently three below the test strips. Is this normal, ie can I rely on the Libre readings to always be 3 units lower.
Has anyone got experience of transferring readings from the App on a Samsung S6 to a desktop computer running W10.
Many thanks for any replies...

When you do your comparisons are you taking account of the time lag? The interstitial fluid that the sensor measures runs around 10 to 15 minutes behind the capillary blood measured by your finger pricker. To get better comparisons you need to finger prick then wait 10 to 15 minutes before you scan.

If you do a search for other threads on the Libre, you will see people report that some sensors read lower and some read higher, but 3mmol/l difference is unusual. On the Freestyle software you can export a txt log to an excel file and see all the 15 minute readings, which you can analyse at leisure, plus of course all the graphs.

I can't help with the app/phone/PC query as I use a reader and the Freestyle software.

Arthur-Itis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Thanks for your reply. Yes, I have been leaving it 15 mins during this comparison period. It is is always 3-3.2. I have looked at the Libre forum and there appears to be a lot of different opinions. So far as I can see, there appears to be no way to export the data from within the App. It may well be that you need a reader to achieve that. Thank you...

briansolar1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Brexit
I aked Abbotts whether you can export data from the Android app and the answer was no. You need the freestyle reader to export. It would be a nice upgrade for them to do!

Books1

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I aked Abbotts whether you can export data from the Android app and the answer was no. You need the freestyle reader to export. It would be a nice upgrade for them to do!
I use a software program called Diasend on my laptop (it has an app too) which will match with the Libre app and hold all the info in one place.