Freestyle Librelink Issues

natbatbbz1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So hello!

Today was my first day with the freestyle libre and I’m having so many issues.

When applying it it clicked in as per instructions a it hurt like f**k and blood poured out of my arm. I was told by the freestyle rep that it would still work.

So 60 minutes later it was finally reading at 2.3 and I felt fine so I finger prick check on my old machine and it was saying it was 8.0.

This trend has continued all day, reading LO when my bloods are high so I stuck it down with a plaster to see if there was an issue with the stickiness. And now it’s stopped working altogether giving a “sensor error”. And it still hurts :(

I’m so disappointed, I was really looking forward to having this :(

I have to wait 2 weeks before I can order another one on prescription, and because of the norn iron bank holidays kicking off, if I ring and ask for a replacement it will probably take 2 weeks to arrive.

Anyone else have any tips on bringing this sensor back to life? Had this happened to anyone else?

Attachments

• C16AB2D8-EF85-4A57-9B23-D24E44B60690.png
    C16AB2D8-EF85-4A57-9B23-D24E44B60690.png
    718.9 KB · Views: 631

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Call Abbott, tell them it gave wildly inaccurate readings then failed. They should replace it.

Reactions: natbatbbz1

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Call Abbott, tell them it gave wildly inaccurate readings then failed. They should replace it.

Agree.

One time I had one that did something similar, starting bleeding like mad (I got blood everywhere - I'm glad my downstairs has a laminated floor), I took it straight off, and rang Abbott, explained it to them (including gory detail about the blood :)) and they sent a replacement out for me.

Note: I actually had a humungous bruise that lasted for about 2 months, hurt like stink for a good week or so) - it's only happened once, don't know whether it was a faulty applicator or what.

natbatbbz1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Agree.

One time I had one that did something similar, starting bleeding like mad (I got blood everywhere - I'm glad my downstairs has a laminated floor), I took it straight off, and rang Abbott, explained it to them (including gory detail about the blood :)) and they sent a replacement out for me.

Note: I actually had a humungous bruise that lasted for about 2 months, hurt like stink for a good week or so) - it's only happened once, don't know whether it was a faulty applicator or what.

It really does hurt but I don’t want to remove it because I left work early today to go get it. Such is life.

Il give them a ring in the morning, hopefully I have better luck next time

Reactions: Diakat

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
It really does hurt but I don’t want to remove it because I left work early today to go get it. Such is life.

Il give them a ring in the morning, hopefully I have better luck next time

If it hurts, take it off, its not meant to hurt - for me it stings for a few mins when I put a new one on, but after that I can't feel it unless I thump, prod, or poke it.
And if it's thrown the sensor error telling you to replace it, there is absolutely no point leaving it on, as it just won't work no matter how long you leave it.

Reactions: Leeannea

natbatbbz1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If it hurts, take it off, its not meant to hurt - for me it stings for a few mins when I put a new one on, but after that I can't feel it unless I thump, prod, or poke it.
And if it's thrown the sensor error telling you to replace it, there is absolutely no point leaving it on, as it just won't work no matter how long you leave it.

Right it’s coming off!

What a waste, im so glad I’m not paying for it

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Abbott should see you right and replace it (they'll probably ask for the defunct one back). One tip I've seen mentioned a few times is to not activate the sensor straight away once you've inserted it. This apparently gives your body chance to adjust to the filament that goes inside the skin when you apply it.

I put my first prescription one on yesterday then started it this morning and so far it's been very accurate.

natbatbbz1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Abbott should see you right and replace it (they'll probably ask for the defunct one back). One tip I've seen mentioned a few times is to not activate the sensor straight away once you've inserted it. This apparently gives your body chance to adjust to the filament that goes inside the skin when you apply it.

I put my first prescription one on yesterday then started it this morning and so far it's been very accurate.

Thanks for the tip! Il give it a go when I get my next sensor

jjmarkham94

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
My libre sensor has lasted 4 days and has fell off. I’m so disappointed in it and now I have to wait 2 weeks to get another one!