Freestyle Neo / Libre

igs

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Even more than many things
What is the code for setting up the bolus calculation with the NEO? And Libre?

No, I've not got a Libre yet but I will be queuing for one as soon as they are released. If it does what it says on the tin it'll be heaven although my bank manager will disagree, I have never had people objecting to me injecting insulin in public at all but a few do go a little white when I glucose test for some reason, just swiping a patch would be bliss,

A couple of years back my DSN gave me an Insulinx that I've always set up for myself. Loved being able to log insulin, carbs and calculate bolus with it. Then my GP used the strip recall scare to force me onto something cheap and nasty but now, at last, I am back with the Freestye Optium Neo strips on prescription.

I can;t get to see my DSN for a few weeks and want to setup the Neo as soon as possible. I'll want to do the same with the Libre when I get one.

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Can you not phone your clinic or email your nurse in order to get any codes for your meter..........

I emailed mine for the code for my InsulinX before I moved on to greater things..........;)

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
When you get the freestyle I'll ask your nurse to unlock it for you. If they have the knowledge that you know what you're doing with the parameters I see no reason to withhold it

igmr

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
When you get the freestyle I'll ask your nurse to unlock it for you. If they have the knowledge that you know what you're doing with the parameters I see no reason to withhold it

I can't get to see my nurse for a few weeks and I don't want to ask for an emergency appointment for something so minor.

I calculate bolus 3 or 4 times a day in my head anyway but it was really nice to get a confirmation of the dosage from the Insulix and to get it logged with carbs at one go.

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I can't get to see my nurse for a few weeks and I don't want to ask for an emergency appointment for something so minor.

I calculate bolus 3 or 4 times a day in my head anyway but it was really nice to get a confirmation of the dosage from the Insulix and to get it logged with carbs at one go.

Ooops that should have said "I'd" not "I'll" lol

The libre won't be out for a few weeks anyway so there's time. Can't you just drop them an email or something once you've got it?

ChrisWoodward

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Probably a bit late but its CAA1C however I in no way suggest that you do it without the guidance of your DSN just in case you get something wrong.

igmr

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Probably a bit late but its CAA1C however I in no way suggest that you do it without the guidance of your DSN just in case you get something wrong.

thanks Chris. Same as my old insulinx then.

I wonder whether that will do the Libre as well? I shall try when it arrives.

nikkid

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It's the same code for the libre.....which has been amazing for the 24 hours I have been wearing it! Very happy so far, although other users have been experiencing large discrepancies in finger prick VS libre readings. Hope you enjoy it x

igmr

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hopefully i'll have the libre for this weekend. I only swapped to the neo in preparation for it - neo and libre use the same strip.

Long story on meters but i'm finding that the neo reads between .7 and 1.2 lower that another make of meter. I suspect the libre will read 'low' as well. no matter as long as the results are consistent, i'll soon learn where the hypos happen.