Frozen cooked meat

Rabdos

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Very interesting, what containers do you use? Any would do? Do you close the lid?

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@carbolysis
Why not have a look on Amazon for basic microwave cookery books to help get you started? Look at descriptions and reviews, & some books also have a "look inside" option that may help in finding something suitable. There are student cookery books that may well include microwave cooking so have a good poke around.
And Amazon also sell all kinds of containers/dishes for microwave use.

When I was first married I'd never done any real cooking in spite of my mother being a great cook, so I had to teach myself more or less from scratch. I looked for a good basic introductory "how to" book and found a great domestic science teaching book that was my bible for many years. This was pre-internet days so there weren't all the great online/You tube tutorials, etc that are available for us now...

Robbity

PS Have you looked at the information leaflet/booklet that came with your microwave - these will generally have some basic how-to information and a few recipes?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 308541

Most of the microwavable food in the frozen food sections of supermarkets, have the cooking instructions on the packaging.

The Birds Eye steam in the bag products, have the cooking times on the packets which are pretty spot on.

3A4l9cv.jpg