Frozen Shoulder

RHNtype1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Days when my blood sugars do not work for me, HOWEVER these are now rare days as I have a pump after 33+ years of diabetes.
My one was done under X-Ray so that they got the right bit, desperately painful as they injected each milelitre of saline following the steroid going in but putting in the saline allowed some movement to begin almost right away so physio started to work. Not a great memory but I would go straight for that procedure if it happened again.:confused:

Sent from my KFSOWI using DCUK Forum mobile app

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
My one was done under X-Ray so that they got the right bit, desperately painful as they injected each milelitre of saline following the steroid going in but putting in the saline allowed some movement to begin almost right away so physio started to work. Not a great memory but I would go straight for that procedure if it happened again.:confused:

Sent from my KFSOWI using DCUK Forum mobile app

Thankyou

patjenkins1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ask to go to a muscular skeletal clinic. What you have could be soft tissue infringement syndrome. Symptoms similar to frozen shoulder but it the the tendons caught in the shoulder joint. Steroid injections work a treat but have to watch you bg for a day or so. I had those symptoms for 3 years before I went to the doc. Wish I'd gone sooner.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 2 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I had a trapped nerve in my upper left leg for months, it was very, very painful and then one day it had gone,( before Andy says anything, I meant the trapped nerve and not my leg):rolleyes: I hope your trapped nerve disappears very soon Mo.

Reactions: 3 people

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
you leg dissapeared?

lol too good to not say it, youve dealt with my childlike immaturity before huh

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
i was hoping it would just go poooof and thats the end of it but it seems i have a visit to the docs in my near future :( ill try to avoid the subject of diabetes and maybe ill get through it

yes trapped nerves suck, its a sickly pain when it travels :( sorry mate

Crasper

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I must admit I found the cortisone injection very painful, my GP :doctor: went to the treatment room, returned and he did the injecting himself. I never want to have another one again, golly gosh it did hurt a tad.:inpain:[/QUOTE
Hello, i was just reading the statin poll post and someone mentioned frozen shoulder @Pollylocks so i did a search and found it can be a symptom of diabetes, my symptoms are...... a few months ago i started getting a pain that felt like it was in the inside middle of my shoulder but only if i put my arms very high, stretching in the air, this has progressed and its now painful to get dressed or even move it, i had a ct scan he other day and couldn't raise my arms above my head to get them out of the way, if i push myself up out of a chair it hits me like a train and takes about 10 minutes for the pain to subside, i was doing a spiny round thing on my kids skateboard the other day and oh wow the pain was incredible (don't ask why i was doing that lol) so...... if you have experienced frozen shoulder could you tell me if that sounds like it please as the site i looked at stated that the earlier its diagnosed the more successful the treatment will be so i should go to the doc (who i am avoiding)

Thankyou

I have had 2 frozen shoulders before being diagnosed with T2. The right shoulder first which was particularly painful. Don't know how it happen but when that shooting pain happens - it is so bad it brought tears to my eyes and takes 10 minutes or so to recover. Had the injection which was extremely painful and was eventually sent for physio. Think it was a good 18 months before I had the full movement back. Then the other shoulder which wasn't as bad as the first and I asked for physio straight away. then diagnosed T2. Now have pains in 1 knee which again have those shooting pains which are so very very painful. Also waiting for Carpel Tunnel op on both wrist. I am sure that this is all because diabetes. Both shoulders now ok. Knee better then it was 12 months ago. I'm active, work full time.

Opalshards

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Liars, thieves, users, cruelty, doing the washing up. Lol
Thank you @Andy12345 for posting this I missed it when first posted I have been getting this problem sever pain and weakness around the shoulder can only do my hair if I use my other hand to get it up to my head. People having to help me get my coat and clothes on and off. I had a feeling it was frozen shoulder of course didn't go to the docs just took more painkillers that I use for Osteoarthritis. And I thought that it was arthritis pain. I would never have put it down to diabetes. You live and learn.

RHNtype1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Days when my blood sugars do not work for me, HOWEVER these are now rare days as I have a pump after 33+ years of diabetes.
Hi, your symptoms sound totally like mine were. It did take about two years for me to get almost full movement back and I had physio intensively as well as two rounds of steroid and fluid injections done under x-ray, can't remember what that procedure is called but it did improve the amount of movement almost right away (not comfortable first time to say the least, better when the capsule has been ruptured during the first treatment and you get another shot at it)
The sooner you can get treated the better I think as the pain can disturb sleep as well as life.Good luck.R :D

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

semiphonic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Ignorant people, diabetes!
Sorry Andy I can't answer your original post cos I honestly don't know o_O
But, my wife who's BG is often higher than mine (but she's not diabetic), always complains about a stiff neck/sore shoulder, should I get get checked out?

BaliRob

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Noisy dogs and loud music especially low-note drumming
Here I go again but I am sure I will get the thumbs down.

For persistent frozen shoulder find a WELL QUALIFIED Chiropractor. I mean one that has undergone his/her seven years training and possesses X-ray and other diagnostic equipment - and, of course, one that comes recommended.

I had the 'hanging arm' many years ago which I just could not raise at all for some six months First appointment - wonderful was able to drive myself home. But, a few hours later some aching occurred with some limitation to articulation of the shoulder. Second appointment - this time great, great, great TO THIS DAY SOME 40 YEARS LATER!!

You will find that some physios will warn you against Chiropractors (some doctors too) but it is plain jealously. Doctors' training does not cover the body's skeletal construction in such depth.

For long term sufferers some financial help may be available from their HA

Reactions: 5 people

Jameskennedy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, I have frozen shoulder in both arms, had a capsular release on one two years ago, not much of the movement came back but the pain went instantly. I went onto hospital for the left shoulder to be done but was sent home because my sugars were too high, so just a waiting game now, but it is painful and the doc says it will come back, as diabetics we must realise it encourages your immune system to attack itself and therefor we will catch more infections etc...

Sent from
the Diabetes Forum App

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
only took 6 months but i went to see the doctor tonight and without an examination ive been diagnosed with the frozen shoulder, its been getting alot worse and am hoping to do the tough mudder with @Mud Island Dweller in june so i had little choice, so anti inflamatories painkillers physio and ultrasound i think she said but she seemed a little a distracted by the 8 insect bites on my legs that swell up like baloons she says im allegic (no chit sherlock) i get them every year and ive learnt to not scratch them as they scar if i do, so yes it seems i have it boooooo i swerved the injections though after reading how painful they are lol so its all good :) im being good and getting fixed hopefully

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
i have been given naproxin and codydramol that im supposed to take all the time, anyone know of a reason not to do this please?

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
i have been given naproxin and codydramol that im supposed to take all the time, anyone know of a reason not to do this please?

I don't know much about those medications mate but if I've remembered correctly when I was on Codydramol years ago I did have some constipation but I'm not 100% sure TBH if it was that exact drug I was on as it was so long ago.

Sending a man hug to ya! :)