Funding and changing hospitals

S

Smammer

I had the same problem I asked mydoctor to refer me to a diabetic ConSultant not a nurse etc it was then that I explained the full circumstances and
got my pump don't bother with the diabetic team insist on seeing a top consultant let me know how you go on allan

saruhbeau

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you all for your support and replies.

I got some really good news today! I saw my consultant a few weeks ago who agreed that a pump was the best option for me.

Today I saw my dsn who my consultant had spoken with. She is the pump nurse. She has agreed that she will fight for me to get funding! She was really pleased with how hard I have been trying.

My hba1c today was 6.9%. 3 months ago it was 8.4 :) I have been using librefor a couple of months and switched to dexcom g5 10 days ago which has really helped. I am still having to do 8 to 10 injections a day though and I do want to get pregnant. I have agreed to wait until I am settled on a pump before trying to conceive.

I got to see the different pumps they provide in my area and have a play with them. I know it will be months before I get a pump, as long as I get funding but I already know I.either want minimed 640g or animas vibe. Which would you recommend? I think minimed looks best but I like that animas you can use with dexcom. I know minimed has a different cgm but I really like dex. I guess I could still use dexcom with.minimed it just wouldn't be integrated.

Good news anyway :)

Reactions: tigger

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Thank you all for your support and replies.

I got some really good news today! I saw my consultant a few weeks ago who agreed that a pump was the best option for me.

Today I saw my dsn who my consultant had spoken with. She is the pump nurse. She has agreed that she will fight for me to get funding! She was really pleased with how hard I have been trying.

My hba1c today was 6.9%. 3 months ago it was 8.4 :) I have been using librefor a couple of months and switched to dexcom g5 10 days ago which has really helped. I am still having to do 8 to 10 injections a day though and I do want to get pregnant. I have agreed to wait until I am settled on a pump before trying to conceive.

I got to see the different pumps they provide in my area and have a play with them. I know it will be months before I get a pump, as long as I get funding but I already know I.either want minimed 640g or animas vibe. Which would you recommend? I think minimed looks best but I like that animas you can use with dexcom. I know minimed has a different cgm but I really like dex. I guess I could still use dexcom with.minimed it just wouldn't be integrated.

Good news anyway :)

Hey,

Thats brilliant news!!

To be honest, I think healthcare people can say "fight for funding"... but if they fill out forms correctly it can be sorted very, very quickly!! Its down to them completing details accurately and appropriately...

Well done on improved hba1c.

Keep doing what you are doing, its obviously working.

More importantly... feel proud of yourself!!