Funny how things change...

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
After sitting out on a forum Ive been deeply and passionately involved in, I am seeing things through a new set of bifocals. The nasties in my camp will probably always be nasties in my camp but there are so many more completely awesome people on the forum so those nasties will have to take a back seat with me.

What I’m noticing in such a short time on my sabbatical is some people are responding to posts I n a gentler, more understanding, non rammy approach to their advice. More people are reminding others that what works for me might not work for you. More are understanding some of us have other health issues. I am very guilty of ramming vlc down peoples throats because it does me so much good both with my bs and other health issues. That is my bad. Shame on me. I should know better from just inside my own house! Doesn’t get much closer than that. I COULD NEVER eat my husbands diet. When I did years ago I felt horrible ( knew NOTHING about nutrition then) . After atkins induction, many years before D reared it’s ugly head I felt amazing. On the flip side my husband ( non diabetic) COULD NEVER eat my diet. He tried and failed miserably.

We all have different life circumstances, limitations, carb tolerances, goals, amount of care and effort we want to put in etc. We all have to find our ‘ own set of rules’ and I think we have to respect everyone’s own set of rules for them and their views, offer our our advice and let them decide what they want to do with it. We said it and now it’s up to them if and how they want to apply it.

Rambling, the point is I’m already seeing nicer, warmer, friendlier replies. Unless they just went over my head, but I see them.

That being said I will most likely always offer up a low carb approach initially and see if that’s helps. But NEVER on a type 1 thread. Becaouse I have no idea what I’m talking about haha. A not so funny example is my client who is insulin dependent type 2. She just shoots up and test ONCE A WEEK. scary stuff.

We can keep this forum a happy place with respect for others, happy words and thought and sound gentle advice. WE can take OUR forum back and let the geezers sit in the back.

So until I’m ready to come full back my only posts are going to be THE AWARD BUTTON. you all have given me awards and they are ‘ feel good’. I have no idea why I can’t remeber! So this is a good plan as my itchy fingers can still tyoento you and maybe I’ll finally get in the habit!!!

I NEED to take this opportunity for the Love I received through my closed thread as well as PMs. I never knew you felt that way. So I’m here to tell you right back and get in your face and say I LOVE YOU MAN! To all of you. Thanks so much for reaching out. You’ll never know how much each and every post meant. On that note, I think I,l start my posts with ‘ I appreciate your view’, or I value your opinion’ or something along those lines. We are all valued members and we should remind each other of that occasionally.

Now off topic, before I take my itchy fingers off the keyboard and only leave glued to the award button, has anyone noticed RALA before bed causing insomnia? It has helps my fastings and DP SO much but I think it’s going to have to stay during the day only. A quick chat with Dr Google did say it’s a side effect but it also helps our circadian rhythms. Sad. I’ll. Just have to deal with a bit higher fastings. Things could be worse.

Last but not least. You all know my avo thread is up for my posting at my discression if it ever comes back around. I MISS YOU MAN.

THANKS AGAIN ALL YOU GEMS.

Last edited:

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
After sitting out on a forum Ive been deeply and passionately involved in, I am seeing things through a new set of bifocals. The nasties in my camp will probably always be nasties in my camp but there are so many more completely awesome people on the forum so those nasties will have to take a back seat with me.

What I’m noticing in such a short time on my sabbatical is some people are responding to posts I n a gentler, more understanding, non rammy approach to their advice. More people are reminding others that what works for me might not work for you. More are understanding some of us have other health issues. I am very guilty of ramming vlc down peoples throats because it does me so much good both with my bs and other health issues. That is my bad. Shame on me. I should know better from just inside my own house! Doesn’t get much closer than that. I COULD NEVER eat my husbands diet. When I did years ago I felt horrible ( knew NOTHING about nutrition then) . After atkins induction, many years before D reared it’s ugly head I felt amazing. On the flip side my husband ( non diabetic) COULD NEVER eat my diet. He tried and failed miserably.

We all have different life circumstances, limitations, carb tolerances, goals, amount of care and effort we want to put in etc. We all have to find our ‘ own set of rules’ and I think we have to respect everyone’s own set of rules for them and their views, offer our our advice and let them decide what they want to do with it. We said it and now it’s up to them if and how they want to apply it.

Rambling, the point is I’m already seeing nicer, warmer, friendlier replies. Unless they just went over my head, but I see them.

That being said I will most likely always offer up a low carb approach initially and see if that’s helps. But NEVER on a type 1 thread. Becaouse I have no idea what I’m talking about haha. A not so funny example is my client who is insulin dependent type 2. She just shoots up and test ONCE A WEEK. scary stuff.

We can keep this forum a happy place with respect for others, happy words and thought and sound gentle advice. WE can take OUR forum back and let the geezers sit in the back.

So until I’m ready to come full back my only posts are going to be THE AWARD BUTTON. you all have given me awards and they are ‘ feel good’. I have no idea why I can’t remeber! So this is a good plan as my itchy fingers can still tyoento you and maybe I’ll finally get in the habit!!!

I NEED to take this opportunity for the Love I received through my closed thread as well as PMs. I never knew you felt that way. So I’m here to tell you right back and get in your face and say I LOVE YOU MAN! To all of you. Thanks so much for reaching out. You’ll never know how much each and every post meant. On that note, I think I,l start my posts with ‘ I appreciate your view’, or I value your opinion’ or something along those lines. We are all valued members and we should remind each other of that occasionally.

Now off topic, before I take my itchy fingers off the keyboard and only leave glued to the award button, has anyone noticed RALA before bed causing insomnia? It has helps my fastings and DP SO much but I think it’s going to have to stay during the day only. A quick chat with Dr Google did say it’s a side effect but it also helps our circadian rhythms. Sad. I’ll. Just have to deal with a bit higher fastings. Things could be worse.

Last but not least. You all know th Ravi thread is up for my posting at my discression if it ever comes back around. I MISS YOU MAN.

You're a grand lass but I still hate avocado ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
E="Kristin251, post: 1603684, member: 240838"]After sitting out on a forum Ive been deeply and passionately involved in, I am seeing things through a new set of bifocals. The nasties in my camp will probably always be nasties in my camp but there are so many more completely awesome people on the forum so those nasties will have to take a back seat with me.

Last but not least. You all know th Ravi thread is up for my posting at my discression if it ever comes back around. I MISS YOU MAN.

You're a grand lass but I still hate avocado ;)[/QUOTE]
Lol. I’ll take this opportunity to say I value your opinion....and I appreciate your view. But I can’t understand that! Hahah
Avo is deeply and passionately a part of my life too. I love you avo.
Ok , I’ll let it slide @Guzzler. The important thing is you tried!!

You got my first official AWARD!!

Reactions: ziggy_w

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Kristin, I am so glad to see your post.
You can have my peas forever, but I don't want your avocado (and I did try - honest) :):):):)

Salvia

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
So so happy for you Kristin, it's good to see your old self. Sorry, can't help with the R-ALA at nighttime - maybe somebody will come along who can. Meantime, we'll keep the avo flag flying till .... whenever .... :)

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
This is like the marmite argument.
Avocado, love them or hate them?
It's up to you!

Out!

Avo exit or Avo remain?

Ok the really serious question.

Will brexit mean avocado will become to expensive due to no trade agreement?

Reactions: Snapsy

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Kristin, I am so glad to see your post.
You can have my peas forever, but I don't want your avocado (and I did try - honest) :):):):)
Lol. I’ll post on two threads only! This one and the amazing and awesome avocado thread.

So @Bluetit1802, I still haven’t received my peas you said you send!! And as always, I’ LL eat your avo. The more the merrier

Thanks for TRYING. Thats all we can ask. You did your job and I respect your opinion!

Hotpepper20000

This is what I found today while I was on Pinterest. Thought it might be appropriate.

Little simplistic but I think it gets the point across.

22793778_123700284970696_3757972671762006016_n.jpg

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
This is like the marmite argument.
Avocado, love them or hate them?
It's up to you!

Out!

Avo exit or Avo remain?

Ok the really serious question.

Will brexit mean avocado will become to expensive due to no trade agreement?
Doesn’t matter. I’m eating them!!

Reactions: Lamont D

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I thought I might start a FEEL GOOD thread. D isnhard enougn. We could all use some daily love and laughs to get out of the ditch of negativity. Let’s turn this around.

I’ve had so many laughs on here but not so much recently. Let’s get it back. Share our happy times. Our achievements , our wins, our accomplishments, even if it’s one day or one meal.

Today mine is...I came home to a higher bs than I like. Ok not high. 124. Instead of getting ornery because this isn’t at all my norm of 80’s, I just shrugged, thought hm... either I didn’t get my insulin or didn’t take it. Made my cocktail and my cheese tray. The point is I would normally have gotten mad or pissy but I simply moved on. I do think I can attribute this to my new found stronger happier attitude. Owe it all to you guys/ gals. Somedays I feel good until I see my meter. Then the day changes. Today it’s all a good day. My meter can kiss my a*s