Gall bladder removal and T2

Fiona I

Had mine removed in 2004 , diagnosed type 2 2010 must be a link
Now I am wondering if there is a link to my bloating which is quite severe at the moment :?:

Tigerkitty1950

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Northernangel said:
Hi I'm hoping to have my gall bladder out soon. I've been scanned and its shown I have them, I keep having flare ups about 4 up to now, but the doc just says see how you go?
So yes my gall bladder and my diabetes
both came around the same time!
"..................
Sorry about your useless doctor, I was glad to have mine out after my daughter was born, violently ill after being told to eat meat as I was anaemic, went back to avoiding greasy food, eating salad, varied diet, very little Red meat, after having it removed I was feeling very healthy

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

sparrow61

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Politics
I would try to flush the stones. Not sure as to how but there is info on the net that explains it.
Not sure I would try to do that. I had my gall bladder removed 8 years ago after a week in hospital suffering from acute pancreatitis. Prior to that I had been diagnosed about 7 months previously. I searched the internet over to try and find something so I could avoid surgery and looked into 'flushing' them out. I personally did not attempt to because I think if you flush them out of the gallbladder, somewhere along their journey out of your body, they may get 'stuck' and create further problems. I barely ate due to the pain and sometimes drinking kicked it off as well. The weight just fell off me and I was constantly back and forth to A&E, adamant that I did not want the surgery. In January 2009, I woke up after a few hours sleep due to pain and I was yellow. All over, whites of my eyes, everything. The pain was excruciating and my husband rushed me to the hospital. I was admitted and told I had a stone stuck in my bile duct and it had caused acute pancreatitis. What I am trying to get at is this: If you know you have gallstones, get your gallbladder and the 'monsters' taken out. I have had 3 children and would rather have had the pain of having 3 more than gallstone pain. Those stones are going nowhere (except to block ducts) and my advice to anyone is to get them shifted as soon as possible before they do damage to other parts of your body.
Now 8 years on, I am pre diabetic and last week my HbA1c level was 48. I have to have it retested on 10th July. It has made me wonder if the damage to my pancreas may have helped my diagnosis.

AnneMurray

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
people who judge
hi all been waiting 9 months in pain with stomach complications ended up in hospital in Turkey while on holiday, within 20 mins diagnosed with infected gall bladder apparently twice the size it should be. Came back to England and have had to fight to get the Turkish diagnosis recognised now all agree that it has to come out. Been told that the wait is 4 1/2 months if lucky up to a year if not. Can't keep anything, and I mean anything even water down for at least three weeks now. Lost over half stone in weight. Been told I'm not a top priority even though am an insulin dependent diabetic. Been put on oral morph but I work in social care so can't take it at work. No-one is listening to me feel like I just want to curl up and give up. Lucky have loving hubby who won't let me. Need some help support advice etc....

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
hi all been waiting 9 months in pain with stomach complications ended up in hospital in Turkey while on holiday, within 20 mins diagnosed with infected gall bladder apparently twice the size it should be. Came back to England and have had to fight to get the Turkish diagnosis recognised now all agree that it has to come out. Been told that the wait is 4 1/2 months if lucky up to a year if not. Can't keep anything, and I mean anything even water down for at least three weeks now. Lost over half stone in weight. Been told I'm not a top priority even though am an insulin dependent diabetic. Been put on oral morph but I work in social care so can't take it at work. No-one is listening to me feel like I just want to curl up and give up. Lucky have loving hubby who won't let me. Need some help support advice etc....
How did you get on?

lynbar

I am devestated! I had my gallbladder removed 6 weeks ago. My husband is diabetic so when I wasn't feeling very well I decided to test my blood sugar. My numbers are all over the place. Based on my blood checks I believe I am crossing between Pre-diabetes and diabetes. I have classic symptoms, frequent urination and fatigue. My current doctor is not listening because my fasting number in her office was 110. I told her I was monitoring at home and they had been bouncing around. Pre -surgery I would be in the 90s no matter what I ate. I wish I had found this before I had my gallbladder removed. Why is this not being discussed??

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am devestated! I had my gallbladder removed 6 weeks ago. My husband is diabetic so when I wasn't feeling very well I decided to test my blood sugar. My numbers are all over the place. Based on my blood checks I believe I am crossing between Pre-diabetes and diabetes. I have classic symptoms, frequent urination and fatigue. My current doctor is not listening because my fasting number in her office was 110. I told her I was monitoring at home and they had been bouncing around. Pre -surgery I would be in the 90s no matter what I ate. I wish I had found this before I had my gallbladder removed. Why is this not being discussed??
Welcome to the forum Lynbar. Can I suggest you write your own post as you have responded to a rather old thread here? You will get more answers if you write your own individual thread.