Game of Thrones (warning thread contains spoilers)

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Been watching series 1-6 over the last few weeks, have to say it's a brilliant tv show and highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen it, episode 9 of series 6 was just incredible.

M

mist

Too much irrelevant sex that had no bearing on plot or character development for my liking, Just turned it into a yawn fest.

Breaking Bad, now that's some quality writing right there

To each their own though.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Breaking Bad, now that's some quality writing right there

My children have watched this and say its very good, they also like The Walking Dead which I could never watch.

Going to start watching Band of Brothers now Game of Thrones is finished, it's a series I've been meaning to watch for quite a while.

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Try reading the books for GOT, very enjoyable. There isnt a book for the last season (as yet) and the new season isnt due til the late Spring so you will have time to get the books read.

As for Breaking Bad my inlaws reckon I should give it a try but havent got round to it yet. Im in the middle of both Walking Dead (now on Season 5) and Sons of Anarchy (Season 4). In my opinion both work a look at

Reactions: Guzzler

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My children have watched this and say its very good, they also like The Walking Dead which I could never watch.

Going to start watching Band of Brothers now Game of Thrones is finished, it's a series I've been meaning to watch for quite a while.

Band of Brothers - very good. Also the Pacific which sort of is a companion to Band of Brothers.

Reactions: noblehead

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Band of Brothers - very good. Also the Pacific which sort of is a companion to Band of Brothers.

I've watched the Pacific and it is very good, my youngest said I should have watched Band of Brothers first for some reason.

M

mist

Band of brothers is fantastic. Great things happen when Spielberg and Tom Hanks get together.

The battle scenes are terrifying though.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Band of brothers is fantastic. Great things happen when Spielberg and Tom Hanks get together.

The battle scenes are terrifying though.

Agreed about Hanks & Spielberg.

Tom Hanks has to be the finest actor ever, going to the pictures next week to see him in the film Sully :)

M

mist

Agreed about Hanks & Spielberg.

Tom Hanks has to be the finest actor ever, going to the pictures next week to see him in the film Sully :)

Yea, he's fantastic in everything he's in. Forest Gump is up there with the best of them, Castaway too.

I enjoyed Sully.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Try reading the books for GOT, very enjoyable. There isnt a book for the last season (as yet) and the new season isnt due til the late Spring so you will have time to get the books read.

As for Breaking Bad my inlaws reckon I should give it a try but havent got round to it yet. Im in the middle of both Walking Dead (now on Season 5) and Sons of Anarchy (Season 4). In my opinion both work a look at

Sorry I missed you reply.

Thanks for the GOT book recommendation, looking forward to series 7.

I've watched SOA, fantastic series although very violent in parts, the very last episode is quite sad and a shame they are not going to make anymore, Charlie Hunnam played a great part in the lead as Jax.

M

mist

One of the most enjoyable shows I watched was called "Monk" about an OCD detective. Hilarious and amazingly acted by Tony Shaloub, highly recommended.

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well I've just re-watched all seasons of Game of Thrones in anticipation of the new season starting in just under 2 weeks, yeah

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Well I've just re-watched all seasons of Game of Thrones in anticipation of the new season starting in just under 2 weeks, yeah

Excellent.

Apparently the opening episode of S7 is going to be an extended one where it will recap on the previous season, they needed to as S6 seems so long ago now for those who watched in real-time.

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Excellent.

Apparently the opening episode of S7 is going to be an extended one where it will recap on the previous season, they needed to as S6 seems so long ago now for those who watched in real-time.

Oh I dont mind a recap - still eagerly awaiting the books so we can see what happens next. I did try reading the prequel story about Aegon and Sir Duncan the Tall - 40 pages in I was bored as no real action. A slow-burner I think they say

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Oh I dont mind a recap - still eagerly awaiting the books so we can see what happens next. I did try reading the prequel story about Aegon and Sir Duncan the Tall - 40 pages in I was bored as no real action. A slow-burner I think they say

Interesting, usually the books are much better than the tv series's/films. no a recap is whats needed after such a long break.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Sky Atlantic have a programme called Game of Thrones: The Story So Far 2017 which is available on Catch-Up tv, it's excellent and highly recommend it as it goes through seasons 1-6 breaking down all the plots that developed and explaining the outcome, the actors/actresses that have starred in GOT also talk about their roles in the show.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Tonight's the night, going to watch episode 1 of S7 with a glass of wine or two :)

Reactions: Peppergirl

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Tonight's the night, going to watch episode 1 of S7 with a glass of wine or two :)

Did you enjoy? I watched it Monday evening as we had recorded it in the early hours. I still reckon hubby watched it as it was airing as he seemed to know too much about what was going to happen. Hate it when he does that lol