Gardenfile

D

debrasue

Just been out and bought 6 tons of soil conditioner to add to my garden as part of my big Autumn remake project. I'm also getting another tree ferns such is the effect and impact the first three have created.

Here's a new thread for members to showcase their pride and joy - their gardens!

It doesn't matter if you have a window box or a 25-acre wildflower meadow with topiary, we'd love to see what you've been up to and what gives you pleasure.

Happy gardening!

:)

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
Here's a new thread for members to showcase their pride and joy - their gardens!

It doesn't matter if you have a window box or a 25-acre wildflower meadow with topiary, we'd love to see what you've been up to and what gives you pleasure.

Happy gardening!

:)

Here, here:)

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
own up whose got the 25 acre wild flower meadow with or without topiary?!?!?

D

debrasue

own up whose got the 25 acre wild flower meadow with or without topiary?!?!?
Well, I have one that's about 3ft wide x 10ft long, and there's a threadbare lonicera hedge behind it, does that count? :)

ellagy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
We have a couple of acres and often hear Muntjac behind the house. Foxes too and we even have regular visits from a Badger. We have a camera and took a pic of a fox under the caravan! I love living here.

D

debrasue

We have a couple of acres and often hear Muntjac behind the house. Foxes too and we even have regular visits from a Badger. We have a camera and took a pic of a fox under the caravan! I love living here.
Can you put some pictures on the Naturefile thread @ellagy? We'd love to see them!

D

debrasue

What is a muntjac? Can you find a picture? Is it bird or beast?
It's a type of miniature tusked deer found in the UK, also known as barking deer or the Mastreani deer. Originally from southeast Asia, they are apparently the oldest known deer, thought to have first appeared 15–35 million years ago. There's now quite a large feral population in the UK, thought to have originated from some escapees from a herd introduced into Woburn Abbey in 1925.
_47522501_muntjacgbnnss.jpg

ellagy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
What is a muntjac? Can you find a picture? Is it bird or beast?
It is a little deer with tiny horns about the size of a Spaniel dog. ...

oops.. thank you debrasue ...isn't he pretty!

ellagy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Wow, so beautiful! However, I doubt it would survive around here. We newly have coyotes along with the foxes and occasional bears and then there are the wolves.
They can be quite fierce Contralto. I wouldn't want a dog of equivalent size taking one on!... We have them coming within ten feet of the van sometimes!

D

Deleted member 308541

I found a pix of our two cats we had in Mt Isa years ago when the kids were small, in our front yard.

The garden was pretty ****** for a rental, as we had not moved in to our house as it was still being built.

2y27zEk.jpg

The black and white cat name was Deefer, and the white cat was named Rinso.

S

Shar67

Well productive day today.
I have steps made from railway sleepers at the back of my garden. I have done various things to make them look pretty.
I have had a design in my head for ages. I collected all the materials needed. Hoped Mr shar67 would be helping but nope. today I had "a man" come over he has made a start on my design, i potted 10 solar lights (took ages). I will post before and after photos when its done but it so much better than it was.

Reactions: Guzzler

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Here is what we moved from in August it was getting too much for me

IMG_1480853608.851007.jpg

IMG_1480853629.465370.jpg

Here is what we moved to a postage stamp garden easier to maintain

IMG_1480853726.381769.jpg

The new house was a grassy mess

I've put a patio down and artificial grass with 2 tiny borders with some shrubs and packed full of bulbs which I hope will make a display next spring early summer

wiseowl_123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Bullies & Cauliflower cheese
Good evening this is my garden at the moment:)

IMG_0783.JPG

and this is my new border I have been working on to day

P1230892.JPG

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So beautiful you english People are rather fantastic at gardening

wiseowl_123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good evening I have been in the garden all day lots to do:)

P1230792.JPG
P1230793.JPG
P1230922.JPG
P1230923.JPG
P1230927.JPG
P1230932.JPG
P1230933.JPG
P1230934.JPG

wiseowl_123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good morning @debrasue my friend and thank you for your kind and friendly comments,very much appreciated:)