G'day

satts66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi, my name is Col, and i just want to say thanks to everyone.
I was diagnosed T2 in 07/2016 and was on a total of 286 units of insulin a day and 1000mg of Metformin.
I was told by the dietician to eat 45g of carbs per meal, multi grain bread, corn, fruit, rice etc. I was also told that T2 was not reversible, well.
Thanks to this site, on 11/11/16, I was off all insulin, just 1000mg of Metformin, and as of last week 32kg's
lighter.
The only ongoing issue I have is neuropathy in my feet. I am finding relief with ala, alcar and B12, thanks to everybody on this site, my Dr prescribed Lyrica, that stuff is dangerous, 10 days was enough for me.
Anyway, a big thanks again to everyone, cheers, Col

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @satts66 ,

What a great first post! (& a lovely dog you have there too.) :)
Even though it looks like you've been a member for a little while.
Welcome. :cool:

spook_kate_

Type of diabetes
Researcher
Treatment type
Other
That is so fantastic. I hope you've given yourself some well earned pat's !!

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. Fantastic. I hope any GP/DN reading this who still believes in the 'have loads of carbs' advice will think again.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow - those amounts are jaw dropping - well done for getting away from the bad advice and medication.
I hope that with time and good control you'll 'get back' your feet - constant vigilance until then though.

Rustytypin

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Welcome to the site of sanity, where we know how to fight this thing called diabetes! Keep up the good work.

Reactions: satts66

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, my name is Col, and i just want to say thanks to everyone.
I was diagnosed T2 in 07/2016 and was on a total of 286 units of insulin a day and 1000mg of Metformin.
I was told by the dietician to eat 45g of carbs per meal, multi grain bread, corn, fruit, rice etc. I was also told that T2 was not reversible, well.
Thanks to this site, on 11/11/16, I was off all insulin, just 1000mg of Metformin, and as of last week 32kg's
lighter.
The only ongoing issue I have is neuropathy in my feet. I am finding relief with ala, alcar and B12, thanks to everybody on this site, my Dr prescribed Lyrica, that stuff is dangerous, 10 days was enough for me.
Anyway, a big thanks again to everyone, cheers, Col

congratulations what a fantastic progress.... wow fish-oil can also be moderately beneficial to pain in the body..

Reactions: satts66