Erin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
mean people, corrupt politicians, poverty, happy pharmaceutical ads;
Hi folks,

For you who have increased gliclazide from 80 to 120mg on account of symptoms of hyperglycemia and fatigue, with increased bg numbers, something strange has happened to me. Something so strange that I think only a pharamacologist would understand: I cut my gliclazide dose by 40mg in order to save a batch in case I needed extras, and to my surprise, I do not feel so much fatigue. Hmmmm or have higher numbers. The numbers seem to be related to time of eating and the amount of eating.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi folks,

For you who have increased gliclazide from 80 to 120mg on account of symptoms of hyperglycemia and fatigue, with increased bg numbers, something strange has happened to me. Something so strange that I think only a pharamacologist would understand: I cut my gliclazide dose by 40mg in order to save a batch in case I needed extras, and to my surprise, I do not feel so much fatigue. Hmmmm or have higher numbers. The numbers seem to be related to time of eating and the amount of eating.

If I remember correctly you do have unusual symptoms for T2!
I believe that I do understand or it is something that occurred to me through my battle with hyperinsulinaemia and insulin resistance and high glucose levels.
Because the glicizide helps your glucose levels to go lower, it is now reduced in how quickly your levels drop now. You should by now reduced your insulin resistance and the need for excessive insulin has reduced, so the fluctuations are less severe, that must help ease your symptoms. If your fasting levels and hba1c levels are near normal, the need to lower your dosage is necessary.
In other words, the reduction in meds has reduced your symptoms.
And of course what you eat and how much dictates your glucose levels and how much insulin is required for that glucose!
Best wishes.
Or I could be totally wrong!

Erin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
mean people, corrupt politicians, poverty, happy pharmaceutical ads;
If I remember correctly you do have unusual symptoms for T2!
I believe that I do understand or it is something that occurred to me through my battle with hyperinsulinaemia and insulin resistance and high glucose levels.
Because the glicizide helps your glucose levels to go lower, it is now reduced in how quickly your levels drop now. You should by now reduced your insulin resistance and the need for excessive insulin has reduced, so the fluctuations are less severe, that must help ease your symptoms. If your fasting levels and hba1c levels are near normal, the need to lower your dosage is necessary.
In other words, the reduction in meds has reduced your symptoms.
And of course what you eat and how much dictates your glucose levels and how much insulin is required for that glucose!
Best wishes.
Or I could be totally wrong!

Thank you Lamont for the experience and information. Diabetes is so complex.

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
Whilst I was cutting back on Glic doses, I found that20mg would give myBG control a boost, in that one dose would keep in order for up to 5 days, then another 20mg would boost me for another 4-5 days!