Glucagon Stress Test- Help Needed!

sajid78

Hi, I hope I have posted this in the right place.
I am due to have a Glucagon Stress Test tomorrow morning at 9am, and will be fasting from midnight onwards.
As a type 1 diabetic on the basal bolus regimen do I still need to inject my long acting insulin tonight as usual?
I have had a look at the 'preparing for the test' leaflet, however that doesn't mention anything.
Any help would be grateful as I am getting quite worried now as the department where I iwll behaving my test is closed and I can't ask them.
Many thanks in advance.

Sajid.

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
If you weren't given any instructions about changing your Insulin etc then stick with what you do normally and tell them tomorrow. The worst that will happen is that you have to do the test again.

Ken

deb1

yes you can still take your long acting insulin tonight as usual check your levels and if you feel you will be low in the am eat a slice of toast before bed and make sure you drink plenty before midnight and you will be fine . good luck for the test x dont worry ive had a couple of these tests done and i always drank plenty before 12 and had a slice of toast .

sajid78

Thanks Deb and Ken! I thought I would be OK with the long acting insulin as it doesn't change the blood sugars dramatically, so thanks again for confirming that and putting my mind at peace.