Glucoman areo good or bad?

Grimm90999

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I'm looking at getting a glucomen areo monitor and just wondering if anyone uses them and would recommend them at all? Also does it test ketone?

Thanks

miahara

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
I've a Glucomen Lx Plus and it does test ketones. The customer support from Menarini the supplier is first class ... I wanted to test the calibration of my meter, emailed them and had a vial of solution arrive in the post free of charge two days later.
I'm lucky in that I get my consumables - lancets and test strips on prescription so can't comment on costs.

Dave

Last edited:

Coopsman1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Got the areo 2k myself and think it is great. Does ketones as well as a bonus. Strips come in pots rather than individually wrapped in foil.

Small meter so easy to carry

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
It's ok.. I used it for a few months without issue

Coopsman1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Follow up comment from my last post..

I have had to change over to the Freestyle Neo, as it was difficult to get hold of the ketone testing strips. I had an order for 10 on backorder for just over two months before my DSN swapped me over.

i think it has something to do with it being a new machine and the supplier can not keep up with initial demand as the NHS has made it one of the prefered meters.