Glucose & Exercise

Mud Island Dweller

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
An awful lot.
I have found that my glucose drops nicely post exercise. I am fine on my breakfast and/or lunch very rarely go about 6 but use dinner (evening meal) to explore foods.

If my reading is 5.8+ pre dinner l have taken up doing exercise about an hour after eating and it drops my BG down. If l don't do exercise till after my 2hr post meal test and l am for me high (highest ever been is 9.3 other night) l do a fast exercise routine for up to 20mins and again it pulls the BG down.

I haven't done later tests but does anyone have any idea if the liver dump would top me up again or will l stay down/drop.
When would the best time be to exercise 1hr +/- post meal or after the 2hr test when food is better digested.
I haven't done later tests but wouldn't be sure how long after l would need to. I realise every one is different but just a vague idea would be a help.

Many thanks
MID :p
(Type2)

bbknyk

Yes, it's true. Exercise can change your life. For diabetes, it's suggested by the doctor to have healthy diet along with regular exercise. I really appreciate the way you are dealing the diabetes.
It's good to do the exercise after 1hour of the meal. As far my knowledge you can do light exercise after 1/2 or 1 hour, but for heavy exercise you have to make a gap of 2 hours. For diabetes, it is essential to loose weight. In many survey report, it is clearly mentioned that loosing weight will help you to minimize the risk of diabetes. So keep walking on regular basis and always track your weight by body fat monitor. For other relevant knowledge you may visit: [commercial link removed]

Yorksman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Mud Island Dweller said:
I haven't done later tests but does anyone have any idea if the liver dump would top me up again or will l stay down/drop.

Yes, unless you are on a stronger medication, you will get down to around 4.0, though this is variable, and then you will get a shot. It's part of the normal homeostatic processes where the body keeps over 100 different substances within safe ranges.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homeostasis#Biological

Mud Island Dweller

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
An awful lot.
Many thanks BBKNYK l am going on the downhill weight slide, we have a PT and l am loosing about 1.2kg/week would like to get to 80kg as a first step but may get muscles but at least loosing fat thats what counts. My PT does measuring with calipers and so far l have lost 7% body fat.

Thanks Yorkman had a read of the article am a bit confused re the shot comment? Re reading yes you mean a liver dump If so l dont mind per se so long as it isnt a huge one. Has to be some trade off l guess but think l need to keep going on the exercise and not allow BG to drop to low it has often gone down to 4.5 that way l guess the dump back won't be so big. It would surely only be to a lesser amount...medication wise I am only on metformin but about to start eating grapefruit.

being optimistically pessimistic... my half empty glass still has fluid in :thumbup: