Glucose Meters

babsy2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Blood Tests Injections MRI Scans (particuarly) cooked white cabbage and Cornish Pasties
I wonder how many T2's have been asked not to take their own blood or have been asked to use a cheaper meter like me. I wonder also how many people have had doctors in their own practice having differing views on whether T2's who are on Metformin taking their own blood or not

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum

gtpc30

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I had strips removed from my prescription until I was put on insulin. I was given a new wavesense jazz meter but it is pretty useless as I get so many errors - it's cheap. As long as I get free prescriptions that's OK. I wouldn't be happy paying.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

jocat44

I was given a wave sense jazz wireless when I started on insulin, it's supposed to talk to my iPhone which it did fine at the start but now the Bluetooth keeps going down and not working. I get150 test strips a month so I keep perservering but it's a **** cheap meter and I had to find another finger stabber which took the same lancets because the supplied stabber broke within days but the nurse told me that was **** when she gave it to me. Have asked for strips and lancets for other meters I have but they are too expensive apparently
Jo

Jordi77

Type of diabetes
Type 2
As I am on insulin I use the contour next usb meter and I get the strips on prescription easy and that is the easiest meter to log carbs and insulin and you don't need to worry if you forget to write the record down as you can do it later or download it for your records when you put it in the computer It has a rechargeable battery inside it and you can get a plug for it and I get 100 test strips a time when needed and I get 200 lancets at the same time but I get no problems when I changed to it off a accu- chek mobile as that one was **** to use and it always seemed to run out of battery life every few months but this one I am pleased with and I have only charged it once and it is still full even though it has a coloured screen and bayer sent me another one a few days later which was a surprise but they said it was to keep it so I have two of them now plus a couple of lancing devices so that I can get one later if one breaks as they are covered by guarantee but I have used a load of blood meters over 22 years as that is how long I have been type 2 Diabetic but that was after the first few weeks when they got it wrong and diagnosed me type 1 but I was on insulin for the rest of it and tablets but I'm only on insulin now as also been on victoza which was a couple of years ago but I have lost a lot of weight because of it and they are not happy about it and I have to put it back on again