GlucoWise Blood Glucose Monitor

Would this be a Glucose Monitor that would have a significant impact on your daily life?

• Yes

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello all,

Just stumbled across this product online and must say I am really excited about this! Currently in development stage and the manufacturer (MediWise) is looking to start taking pre-orders at the tail end of this year!

This could be the ideal product for those on the go and who like to travel light.

http://www.gluco-wise.com/

GlucoWise.jpg

Cheers,
Grant

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
I saw that, it does look interesting. Wonder if it will get DVLA approval?

1abRat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just once I'd like to see a packaging photo of someone whose results are not 5.x mmol/L!

Like... maybe someone at 12.3 mmol/L looking guiltily at an empty pizza box or someone wearing gym clothes at 3.1 mmol/L swigging urgently from a bottle of Lucozade!

Reactions: 3 people

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
@GrantGam1337 , this product has been on the cards now for about 2 years. So far it's not got beyond that website. There's been very little data about Randomised Control Trials (RCTs), which is usually an indicator that they are struggling with the tech. Interim reports are usually published as they keep people aware of progress and I've not found any from Glucowise.

Some devices, notably Senseonics and Nemaura's SugarBEAT have a CE mark which means that they are a lot closer to production than this appears to be. Both have published output from RCTs.

I'm not expecting to see anything from this product this year.