Go walk your dinner off!

M

mist

As long as you don't live in a hut on the edge of a very narrow cliff, it's good advice..:p

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
As long as you don't live in a hut on the edge of a very narrow cliff, it's good advice..:p

Swimming one's dinner off... Potentially dangerous advice! :D

M

mist

Swimming one's dinner off... Potentially dangerous advice! :D

They do say you shouldn't swim on a full stomach, or is that empty stomach, no wait, after eating cheese?

Oh I don't know, it's 7:30am for goodness sake..:wacky:

chalup

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Are you sure? My clock says coming up midnight. I thought you were supposed to swim on the water? Or in it?

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Something I think most here already know, but good to see the NHS website promoting this Daily Torygraph piece about some research in New Zealand

I'd imagine the NHS would promote any source that said exercise was beneficial to people with diabetes :)

walnut_face

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Quote "The greatest benefit was seen after the evening meal when carbohydrate consumption was high and participants tended to be less active."
And yet the NHS still cant join the dots up?

Reactions: Serena51

jonbvn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Quote "The greatest benefit was seen after the evening meal when carbohydrate consumption was high and participants tended to be less active."
To be fair the NHS site was only quoting the research. However, I do agree that they may try to use it to support the balanced plate nonsense.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Brilliant news - and something that lots of us knew already :) but very pleased to see it being talked about like this.

Climbing stairs does the same thing, without having to go outside.

There is a tradition in various parts of the world (I am thinking particularly of Italy, but I know it happens elsewhere too) where people go for a stoll after dinner. I have seen the shops open, and the streets full of people walking arm in arm, all ages, all members of the family, enjoying the evening. What a lovely and healthy addition to the Mediterranean Diet, eh? :D

(I wonder if our dogs could cope with an extra little trundle after dinner?)

Reactions: mist