Going "Out Out"

JoeT1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey @tiredoftrying2017 :)

I'm good. Saturday was a good day out with friends. Few drinks throughout the day, plenty of walking, some nice food and all in all a great day really. My levels remained very stable and in range throughout the day. The only time they spiked was after a McDonalds, which I originally had thought I gave too much insulin for, only to see the Libre have a heart attach and send me as high as 16, for it to drop back down to within range after a couple of hours.

The nightime was an interesting one, I didn't find myself really that drunk, as I guess I was very conscious, although I did have quite a bit of vodka during the day and into the night. One thing I found was about 12.30am, I was fit to head back to the hotel, and I did, leaving my mates to the shots and Jagerbombs. I was happy enough at that. Although I would have loved to stayed out and got talking to some strangers and so on, I think all in all I managed it reasonably well. At the hotel, I could see my levels dropping again, so I munched down a load of nuts, some cold chicken and salami, had a drop of lucozade as well to ensure I didn't go low. Woke up a little higher at 11 the next morning, but after playing it safe, I wasn't too worried.

It's certainly given me some more confidence that I can go out and enjoy myself, maybe next time I can be even a slight bit more sociable lol. Thank you for all your tips and support, very much appreciated and am sure will be needed again :)

mytype1.life

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Fantastic news!
I'm glad you managed to keep control and still have a good time.
The Libre is a real eye opener especially to foods I'd perceived as being relatively okay for me.