GOOD AFTERNOON/EVENING.

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
For those who are too busy on a morning to access the Forum.

Last edited by a moderator:

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Hello @liam1955 just back from taking our youngest to lunch at McDonalds in Alloa. Afterwards we went for a run in the car along the foot of the Ochil Hills which were glorious in the sunlight, the fields were filled with lambs with their mothers, horses- colts and mares, and the trees were so green, it was just beautiful. I'm finishing dinner preparations, home-made beefburgers for me, kidney beans, sweetcorn and rice formed into patties with coleslaw, chilli sauce and salsa for vegetarian hubby. He'll eat some ice cream afterward, I'll have a cube of applewood smoked cheese. It's nice to have a new thread William, can we blether on here?

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hi @13lizanne - Anna, tell your Hubby his meal sounds yummy and I would eat that all up, pity you didn't live a lot nearer as I would be round UN-invited :)
We had our dinner at lunch time, I did Penne Pasta, Brocolli heads, Celery, Onion, Mushrooms, Garlic in a cream sauce and folded in the pasta - that was eaten at 1.15pm and just tested and my blood sugar is............ R cannot have anything to eat now, just have clear liquids and has to take a sachet at 7pm to cleanse his digestive system in preparation for tomorrow's Endoscopy and Colonoscopy. His bloods have already been tested and no markers were found (Leukaemia), I will take a bar of Chocolate with me tomorrow and he can eat it after the procedures are over, sometime after 6pm. So, won't be home till about 7pm? ( will be at Hospital from 2.15pm)

Last edited by a moderator:

doolallylady

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
hi William,
Hug for R along with best wishes and empathy. Is he having the both done tomorrow? 1 is bad enough:(. I'm sure you'll make sure that there is plenty of comfort and attention for R. Love the new avatar :).
Anna it sounds as though you have had a lovely day, enjoy the rest of it!!!

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@doolallylady - yes Karen, Both ends - got to Find out why? He is losing weight and eats like a bottomless dustbin!!! He is down to 10 stone for a 5ft 10ins Frame.
Anyway, How are You and Hubby doing? Remember - We are here for you, anytime! Day or Night. William x :)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Just off to bed. Still ill. Sorry. Will post later. :)

doolallylady

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@doolallylady - yes Karen, Both ends - got to Find out why? He is losing weight and eats like a bottomless dustbin!!! He is down to 10 stone for a 5ft 10ins Frame.
Anyway, How are You and Hubby doing? Remember - We are here for you, anytime! Day or Night. William x :)

Aww bless him, it must be a terribly worrying time for the 2 of you.

We're ok thanks, still can't quite believe it. Results been all over the place, yesterday and today, hopefully they'll settle soon.

Karen xx

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Just come back from our evening walk, didn't pass one person all the way round left here at 5.30 walked for 45mins absolutely shattered now as that particular walk takes us 50mins to 1hr usually. We are having friends visiting tonight so will have to have a wash and tidy now.
All the best to R for tomorrow William, give him a huge hug from asll your pals here xx

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@liam1955 I'm sorry I didn't realise that R had those two tests tomorrow and had lost so much weight. I hope all goes well for him. Please give him my love and best wishes. As predicted my gardening today was football with my little helper. I need to get lots of gardening done tomorrow as rain is forecast for Wednesday. :)

Reactions: 4 people

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@mo53 - I am looking forward to seeing photos of your garden when it's all planted up and in flower. I believe the rain will be upon us sometime Wednesday tea-time or evening. I hope it's a good torrential downpour when it arrives. Are you keeping up with the swimming still? :) Thank You and everybody for the kind wishes for R for tomorrow. Wmx

Reactions: 2 people

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@liam1955 no I haven't been able to swim for over a week. I will take some pictures when something gets a bit established. But at present the time seems to be digging and weeding. If we have a good downpour I'll be able to put a wood bark mulch on the two new beds. Wherever I look there seems to be work to do. Lol but gardens are like that... Always work in progress:)

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@mo53 - R has been planting up seedlings today, I grow Capsicum Peppers and Chilli Peppers on the kitchen windowsill. I am watching the sewing programme on BBC 2 called Busy Bee. When is your Diabetes Review due? And how are you doing? Have you eaten all them Lidl Rolls yet? :)

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@liam1955 my review isn't due until August. I am being very naughty at present. I am going to have to get back on track. Your peppers and chill is sound good. :)

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Evening all! What a nice idea for a thread William, I like your thinking. I had to go into town earlier to get my brother a new curtain rail, the brackets were on their last legs and have now given up completely so I had to get a new one for him. I would have preferred to get replacement brackets but they've now been discontinued! I'm glad I took some paracetomol earlier, I'm feeling almost human now. Good night everyone

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@mo53 - Oh Mo you are 'naughty' - we ought to have a naughty icon - (I would get a lot of them!!) I pick off the Chillies when ready and put them inside bottles of Virgin Oil and it flavours it nicely. The Capsicum Peppers I cook with them (stuff them) or eat raw on salads.

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@Diamum5972 - Good Night Barbara, glad your feeling much better.:)

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@ickihun - Haven't forgotten You Vicky, hope you feel much better by tomorrow.:)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Thanks @liam1955 I'm still ill. Woke a bit better than yesterday but my appointments today will have to be postponed.
Hoping i'll be back to myself tomorrow. This is a wammy of a cold. It started like hayfever now wiping me out like flu.
My 4s have been sabotaged to 5.0 this morning. I really tried to keep my sugar excellent to help recover quickly. Nothing worse than high sugar and being ill. I took insulin a bit out of sync because off my food and carnt taste anything.
I made sure I took it thou which has made a huge difference.
In the past I just didn't bother.
Today is eat tiny to keep bgs low. If I fast and body stressed bgs are in double figures. It's took this website to learn how best to manage my high bgs.
14yrs of nhs taught me very very little.
Thank you postees for keeping me right. ♡♥♡