GOOD AFTERNOON/EVENING.

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks @heh , all this started of last year when he was diagnosed with diabetes . It's been a real eye opener his body has never given him peace since . You will find posting from me and hubby @ eldergarth. Apart from diabetes he has muscle weakness , eye problems , osteoarthritis in spine and both hips , muscle spasms . Now memory loss and not forgetting unstable angina and with all that DWP still say he's fit for work. He was working up until October last year when he was retired on ill health. I also gave up working to become his full time carer .

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app
Sorry to hear that. Best wishes to you both.

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Evening all. Hope everyone is well. Haven't seen debrasue or Liam post for very long time, anyone got any news how they are. ? Thanks
Hi Maureen Liam is on the diabetes site usually on games but we met up in York last Saturday and had another great day with him and my hubby and Squeekyboy and his partner,I'm sure I've also seen Debrasue at least posting her BG levels Has does Liam every day. Hope you get in touch with him I'm sure he would be glad to hear from you. K ( Granny_grump)

D

debrasue

Evening all. Hope everyone is well. Haven't seen debrasue or Liam post for very long time, anyone got any news how they are. ? Thanks
Hello, sweetie! I'm still here, although I tend to post mainly on the What Are You Doing Right Now? thread these days, along with my daily FBG readings of course.
How are you doing, my lovely? Has the Rat finally taken the hint, or do I need to get those boots out again and give him a good kicking? I hope your pain levels have taken a back seat for the summer, too.
Sending you big fat hugs xxxxx

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@debrasue hi the rat is still ratting sometimes, I just ignore him. I've not been on site much for a while tho I sometimes catch up reading. I've had lot health problems, eye, ears, feet. All over pain. Mt daughter is exspecting. 6mths now. Fraud I keep going of the rail getting cake cravings!!!!!!!!! & my cholestrol has gone up!!!!! Bit like a burnout? Got to get back on track. Hope your well yourself. Take care. Keep your boots handy x

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Good to see your posts @maureen5752 .
Burn out is not a friend but once divorced from it you can feel free as a bird. Well I'm flying lately. Not sure how long it will last but like anything in life. Diabetes fight has ups and downs. Wishing you some wonderful ups hun.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I'm in bed about to take my late afternoon nap and I just keep worrying about @tina_marie and @eldergarth. I hope Ron sees the light and gets checked over.
He's been through so much in such a short time. Its time for his luck to change.
He needs an angiogram, asap.

Hi @Cumberland. I'm still enjoying my toujeo300 basal. So much more freedom to eat what's needed for my bariatric surgery. Unsure if this year or early next.
I've nearly lost 3stones since xmas carb parties. Hope you and family are well?

Reactions: Cumberland

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
I'm in bed about to take my late afternoon nap and I just keep worrying about @tina_marie and @eldergarth. I hope Ron sees the light and gets checked over.
He's been through so much in such a short time. Its time for his luck to change.

Hi @Cumberland. I'm still enjoying my toujeo300 basal. So much more freedom to eat what's needed for my bariatric surgery. Unsure if this year or early next.

Doing well on Toujeo as well Vicki and great news about your weight loss pat on the back

Reactions: debrasue

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@ ickihun. Thanks very much, I intend to get back on track, i eat properly then get cake cravings Not good at all. Got to get back on track. Congratulations on weight loss. That's great news. What was your diet to lose so much. Good work. Happy for you x

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@ Cumberland Hope your ok. I'll take one of those hugs if sny going spare, might come back for seconds. Have a great evening to you & everyone

D

debrasue

@debrasue hi the rat is still ratting sometimes, I just ignore him. I've not been on site much for a while tho I sometimes catch up reading. I've had lot health problems, eye, ears, feet. All over pain. Mt daughter is exspecting. 6mths now. Fraud I keep going of the rail getting cake cravings!!!!!!!!! & my cholestrol has gone up!!!!! Bit like a burnout? Got to get back on track. Hope your well yourself. Take care. Keep your boots handy x
I'm so sorry to hear that you've been so poorly, Maureen, and that the wretched Rat still hasn't given up. But you're doing the right thing in ignoring him.
Yes, I have issues with cravings sometimes, but it's usually chocolate for me. Stick with it though, sweetheart - you'll get there! And you can always PM me any time you feel low and fancy a chat.
Big hugs xxx

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
@ ickihun. Thanks very much, I intend to get back on track, i eat properly then get cake cravings Not good at all. Got to get back on track. Congratulations on weight loss. That's great news. What was your diet to lose so much. Good work. Happy for you x
I added on lchf and when I stopped the cheese, cream, butter and meat fat I started losing weight. So no potato, no rice, no pasta and no bread other than protein bread works for me.
Last night I had cod without batter from family delivery with a small bar of chocolate as a treat long over due.
I don't eat a meal too late in day but still need a liver block due to remaining carbs in the occasional sausage or breaded cod fishcake etc. I'm on lower carb but no longer on 30g carb daily due to severe palpitations and have ended up on 5mg of betablocker. Luckily I didn't need stents for the mild heart disease but have been told the plaque is building up in the main artery which can kill me outright if it gets blocked. Hence doubly important to get some weight off. Cholesterol still in 4.2 mark and has been for decades. Statins advised from cardiologist gave me numbness in forearms and hands and feet, so it was stopped. :)
Still unable to walk without lower back and right leg pain and numbness but taking tramadol and gettinv on with life, regardless hun.
I know you too.
You are a true trooper. I admire you. Always have.

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@ickihun & debrasue. Sorry to hear you both have problems. Hope you feel much better soon ickihun, & you lose your chocolate gratings debrasue. I was doing so well, just recently been shopping near by in new store of m&s & cakes have been very tempting tho Ive not eaten sausage or bacon for about 6 months but I love nuts & yoghurt, need to cut that down, I'm angry with myself for going off track, waiting for appointment at hospital to see what's Wrong with my ears tho I do have tinnuttus in one ear for years now, was told the bombing effected one ear. Still got to get back on track, my meals are good just the cake cravings !!!! Soon I'll be a grandma my daughter is due December, again I wish you both well & good health & everyone on the forum x

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@ickihun you mentioned numbness in your fingers & arm with statins, I had the same problem but it did calm down & stopped. I think all meds may have side effects but our body does start to accept it, but meds effect everyone differently, wish you well take care x

D

debrasue

@ickihun & debrasue. Sorry to hear you both have problems. Hope you feel much better soon ickihun, & you lose your chocolate gratings debrasue. I was doing so well, just recently been shopping near by in new store of m&s & cakes have been very tempting tho Ive not eaten sausage or bacon for about 6 months but I love nuts & yoghurt, need to cut that down, I'm angry with myself for going off track, waiting for appointment at hospital to see what's Wrong with my ears tho I do have tinnuttus in one ear for years now, was told the bombing effected one ear. Still got to get back on track, my meals are good just the cake cravings !!!! Soon I'll be a grandma my daughter is due December, again I wish you both well & good health & everyone on the forum x
December will be here before you know it, and you'll love being a grandma. Exciting times...
I'm sorry to hear about the tinnitus. I came across this the other day:
http://www.healthyhearing.com/report/52726-My-accidental-triumph-over-tinnitus

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
@ickihun you mentioned numbness in your fingers & arm with statins, I had the same problem but it did calm down & stopped. I think all meds may have side effects but our body does start to accept it, but meds effect everyone differently, wish you well take care x
You are right about atorvastatin (statin). I'll discuss it with my savy gp for his point of view. He's always backed me up on not using statin when my cholesterol figures have been excellent or just over a fraction. As I've told my cardiologist I was happy to start taking them to reduce any inflammation which could make my atherosclerosis (plaque in my arteries) from getting worse. ;)

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@debrasue thanks, that was very interesting reading. Yeh December will soon be here, I've done loads of shopping, looking forward to it, I'm glad everythinks ok this time, she's had rough few months but baby's doing well this time, you lay off the chocolate & I'll stay off the cakes ha ha.