GOOD AFTERNOON/EVENING.

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
At the moment he's not to bad. We're putting together a wardrobe. Big stress....
Also I've spoke to him about yesterday . He doesn't remember a thing . He doesn't remember going to the bank or to our sons house nor coming home and putting together a chest of draws nor having trouble breathing and sleeping for hours .

eldergarth

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
marmite peanut butter
Hi all just popped in to say thanks to you all for your kind messages and support not on as much lately don't know if I'm coming or going lately .
My diabetes has been placed on the back burner I'm afraid to say just so much going on don't know where to start hopefully will start to get some answers soon with hopefully some doctors that want to find what's happening to me .
Never got any satisfactory answers to my complaints to the hospital so need to decide if taking it any further but my mind isn't on any one think just can't seem to get any motivation to get things done
Hope you are all well and not suffering to much
Ron

Reactions: spook_kate_

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
Good Afternoon.
@13lizanne - @Granny_grump_ - @ickihun - @debrasue - @mo53
Just to update you all - saw GP this morning and there is No Torn, Ripped, Pulled Muscle or Trapped Nerve, just that he thinks? I have "strained it" with doing acrobatics in the shower!!!
(I normally use a long handled wooden soft-tipped back brush), but, I bought one of these "Friction" Sponges to try and thought I could get my arm right up my back!!
Anyway, have got Fenbid Forte Gel to rub on my upper arm and shoulder and exercises to do as often as I want/need. Told him I removed both Butec Transdermal Patches to use the Morphine - but only for 24 hours as it made me feel quite ill. And then began taking Tramadol and Pregabalin - now I am just taking Pregabalin. But, the Butec drug would still be in my system for up to a week after removing them patches. Hopefully - I am to get off the Pregabalin and put New Patches on when next would be due. (Wednesday)
Cannot quite pick up the kettle with my right arm = yet! But, I will soon.
Blood Sugars are slightly raised = this morning's fasting was 9.6 and my highest during the Daytime/Evening reached 18.4.

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Good Afternoon.
Just to update you all - saw GP this morning and there is No Torn, Ripped, Pulled Muscle or Trapped Nerve, just that he thinks? I have "strained it" with doing acrobatics in the shower!!!
(I normally use a long handled wooden soft-tipped back brush), but, I bought one of these "Friction" Sponges to try and thought I could get my arm right up my back!!
Anyway, have got Fenbid Forte Gel to rub on my upper arm and shoulder and exercises to do as often as I want/need. Told him I removed both Butec Transdermal Patches to use the Morphine - but only for 24 hours as it made me feel quite ill. And then began taking Tramadol and Pregabalin - now I am just taking Pregabalin. But, the Butec drug would still be in my system for up to a week after removing them patches. Hopefully - I am to get off the Pregabalin and put New Patches on when next would be due. (Wednesday)
Blood Sugars are slightly raised = this morning's fasting was 9.6 and my highest during the Daytime/Evening reached 18.4.
Ron was given a sponge on a long Handel by his O.T. Alright for most things but not that good for his back either . He to struggles with his back. Does the patches help with pain? The nurse at the pain clinic was going to put Ron on morphine next time we went.

Reactions: Liam1955

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Good Afternoon.

Glad your on the mend,and you explained about the acrobatics my mind was doing overtime wondering what you've been upto!! Haha! Kathleen x

Reactions: Cumberland

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Hope Ron gets some answers about his health problems soon it must be such a worry for you both,Best Wishes Kathleen

D

debrasue

Good Afternoon.
I'm very glad to hear that there's no lasting damage, William (and transfixed at the thought of your shower acrobatics! :))
I'm not surprised you were feeling ill with the morphine, as you were effectively having double the dose with the long-term effects of the Butec patches. Thank goodness you are OK! Hugs xxx

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@tina_marie - Hope Ron is doing good :). No news about the Echocardiogram then?
Liquid Morphine is the Best pain relief that I have. But, it is addictive! I can use it for up to 5 days at any one time, and it takes effect within 10 minutes (less if I take it on an empty stomach) but, I cannot take any other pain relief whilst using it. And my GP prefers me to take for much less than 5 days.
It also pushes up my blood sugars (and in December my HBA1C shot up to 76 = which I blame the Morphine) It also sends me "Batty" (some would say I was already batty?) I get lost in day, time and confused! I began to Hallucinate when taking it in December = that scared me = Big Time.!!

I usually use a wooden long handled, soft bristle brush for my back in the shower. I need a New Brush and though why pay £7.99 for a back brush when Home Bargains sell those Friction Sponges for just a £1.00. = don't waste a pound, I found it rather abrasive and thought it would peel my skin off and ended up doing my arm/shoulder in. I will stick with the back brush and buy a new one = money well spent at £7.99.
The Butec Transdermal Patches I have to wear 2 = 1 at 10mcg and 1 at 5mcg (drug companies don't make them as 15mcg apparently) they work 99% of the time for me with the Osteoarthritis and Herniated Disc's in my Spine. But, I have to stop any other pain relief and remove patches to take the Morphine. Hope this is of some use to you and Ron.
William:)

D

debrasue

Ron was given a sponge on a long Handel by his O.T. Alright for most things but not that good for his back either . He to struggles with his back. Does the patches help with pain? The nurse at the pain clinic was going to put Ron on morphine next time we went.
I have a long-handled sponge too, and I also find it's pretty useless for my back as I don't have sufficient strength in my wrists and hands to use it properly. I think the best thing for backs is a long strip of towelling with a handle at either end. :)

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
@tina_marie - Hope Ron is doing good :). No news about the Echocardiogram then?
Liquid Morphine is the Best pain relief that I have. But, it is addictive! I can use it for up to 5 days at any one time, and it takes effect within 10 minutes (less if I take it on an empty stomach) but, I cannot take any other pain relief whilst using it. And my GP prefers me to take for much less than 5 days.
It also pushes up my blood sugars (and in December my HBA1C shot up to 76 = which I blame the Morphine) It also sends me "Batty" (some would say I was already batty?) I get lost in day, time and confused! I began to Hallucinate when taking it in December = that scared me = Big Time.!!

I usually use a wooden long handled, soft bristle brush for my back in the shower. I need a New Brush and though why pay £7.99 for a back brush when Home Bargains sell those Friction Sponges for just a £1.00. = don't waste a pound, I found it rather abrasive and thought it would peel my skin off and ended up doing my arm/shoulder in. I will stick with the back brush and buy a new one = money well spent at £7.99.
The Butec Transdermal Patches I have to wear 2 = 1 at 10mcg and 1 at 5mcg (drug companies don't make them as 15mcg apparently) they work 99% of the time for me with the Osteoarthritis and Herniated Disc's in my Spine. But, I have to stop any other pain relief and remove patches to take the Morphine. Hope this is of some use to you and Ron.
William:)
Ron was on those patches and they do , do a 15 patch as he was on that dose but got took of them as they weren't doing anything for pain. He's now on dihydrocodeine throughout the day but still only taking the edge off . The nurse at the pain clinic think he's opioid resistant. So having to rotate medication. He's on Amatrypline at night , not sure if she's changing that one as well.

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ron was on those patches and they do , do a 15 patch as he was on that dose but got took of them as they weren't doing anything for pain. He's now on dihydrocodeine throughout the day but still only taking the edge off . The nurse at the pain clinic think he's opioid resistant. So having to rotate medication. He's on Amatrypline at night , not sure if she's changing that one as well.

Thanks for this information on the Butec Patches - @tina_marie
My Chemist Pharmacist 'told me fibs'!!! I shall mention 15mcg are available.

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Thanks for this information on the Butec Patches - @tina_marie
My Chemist Pharmacist 'told me fibs'!!! I shall mention 15mcg are available.
Are you getting any itching with them. When Ron was being weaned off them he was fine until he went back to the 5mcg then started itching where the patch had been . The patches go up in 5mcg increments.